Future Games at MBS

theStingT

Varsity Lurker
Im on board with this, especially as a recruiting tool as long as we never move COFH to MBS. I remember Dooley pushing for us to do that when the Ga Dome was first built and a resounding "hell no" coming from GT or maybe O'leary. You know they will push for that again.

Buzzman72

Varsity Lurker
Hey recruiting will be great as the future Jackets will love it. We will also have access to cheaper concessions and alcohol! Beer and Liquor! Win win win!!!

AugustaJacket

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, my unaffiliated neighbor mentioned the MBS games yesterday and stated WTTE “that is really cool”.

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
FWIW, my unaffiliated neighbor mentioned the MBS games yesterday and stated WTTE “that is really cool”.
This has been the response from all of my non-Tech-fan friends as well. Everybody sees it as a positive except the portion of Tech fans who don't get it. Yes, we need the money, but this 100% helps with the building of our brand which is what we are desperately in need of.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I got no problem with it unless I somehow get stuck in the top rows of the upper deck.

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
More info on the Tech v Clemson MBS game:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ByiwyIIJWDGLhOyEaXu9vbHeG81osYr1IuH1Cmp77hB_o

As it will be a home game for Tech, the financial arrangement will be different than it would be for the usual kickoff game, which is normally a neutral-site game. Tech will be given control of most of the tickets for the game in the 71,000-seat stadium, and then will be due a payout after selling that allotment. As the visiting team for an ACC game, Clemson will receive 4,300 tickets. Game organizers will take a portion. Tech will have the rest.

For the 2017 game against Tennessee, Tech was given control of 30,000 tickets and its payout for selling those tickets was $2.85 million. With far more tickets to sell, the payout stands to be considerably larger. Tech makes about $3 million for an average home game.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
Kind of a strange set up that they're calling it the Chick-fil-A kickoff game but in actuality it's a Tech home game. It's in MBS, and it's the right weekend, but otherwise this will be a completely different set up from every other kickoff game that's ever been played.

Other than Jersey patches and kickoff game graphics and the fact that it's on Labor Day, should be the same set up we will get in 2020 and 2021 outside of the financial details.

JJacket

So we made $2.85 million for playing Tennessee, but make $3 million for a typical home game? Interesting. Neutral game earned us less money than a typical home game. I guess it is a prestige game. How much would a home game vs Alcorn State bring?

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
So we made $2.85 million for playing Tennessee, but make $3 million for a typical home game? Interesting. Neutral game earned us less money than a typical home game. I guess it is a prestige game. How much would a home game vs Alcorn State bring?
Neutral games should make less than home games, right? Because we have to split the game day revenues with someone.

JJacket

Neutral games should make less than home games, right? Because we have to split the game day revenues with someone.
I think since it isn't a home game, it is just considered extra income. I was just wondering if - in that case - it wouldn't just be better to pay a team that travels fairly well - like one of the historically black universities - to come to BDS instead of the neutral.

Sad the HBCU's draw more than Duke and UNC to BDS

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
I know it won't work exactly like this but..
$2.85mil/30,000 tickets is $95 per ticket.
71,000 seats - 4300 Clemson seats - 2000 seats for organizers (2000 seems like more than enough) = 64,700 tickets x $95 =$6,146,500 we makin dat $$$(assuming tickets sell well). While we prob won't sellout, and ticket prices may be less, we should stand to make much more than a typical home game or typical neutral site game.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
I know it won't work exactly like this but..
$2.85mil/30,000 tickets is $95 per ticket.
71,000 seats - 4300 Clemson seats - 2000 seats for organizers (2000 seems like more than enough) = 64,700 tickets x $95 =$6,146,500 we makin dat $$$(assuming tickets sell well). While we prob won't sellout, and ticket prices may be less, we should stand to make much more than a typical home game or typical neutral site game.
But we have to rent MBS. I'd be pleasantly surprised if each game nets us a million in revenue.

G776T

Not pastor material.
But we have to rent MBS. I'd be pleasantly surprised if each game nets us a million in revenue.
Theoretically, rent was already built in the way he was extrapolating from the previous event.

However, I'm not sure how tv revenues are handled with the Chick-fil-A game, my guess is Chick-fil-A organizers get it and they were part of that $2.85M and so his numbers would be different from a game part of the acc package, and we owe more in rent.