General Coaching Search News Thread

Yes he is. It’s funny that the decision makers likely think they aren’t in the minority either. Out of touch with the fanbase.
No doubt. That being said, I don’t know our options. I’d certainly want Whisenhunt over some candidates. But TStan says we have tons of interest in the job. Therefore, anything less than a home run hire and he should lose his job.

But I’ve got a feeling we’re gonna make a home run hire

You going to give them a,what-for and how, talking to? :biggrin:
No, I'm just curious. I actually spoke to a Dodd player and donor today who says he likes Whiz. He recognized that the recruiting/college experience issue was a limitation, but he was more focused on the professionalism, competence and demeanor of Whiz. We've gotten used to having a HC who calls plays, but most of them are more like Chairmen of the Board. Needs to be able to connect with a wide variety of people (recruits, employees, donors, faculty, etc.). Needs to be able to manage a lot of people in high stress circumstances. Etc. And this donor thought Whiz had proved himself at that level of responsibility in a way that, say, Elliott hadn't. That said, this particular guy wasn't Whiz-or-I'm-out. He just liked Whiz. He would've been okay with other options, too.

No, I'm just curious. I actually spoke to a Dodd player and donor today who says he likes Whiz. He recognized that the recruiting/college experience issue was a limitation, but he was more focused on the professionalism, competence and demeanor of Whiz. We've gotten used to having a HC who calls plays, but most of them are more like Chairmen of the Board. Needs to be able to connect with a wide variety of people (recruits, employees, donors, faculty, etc.). Needs to be able to manage a lot of people in high stress circumstances. Etc. And this donor thought Whiz had proved himself at that level of responsibility in a way that, say, Elliott hadn't. That said, this particular guy wasn't Whiz-or-I'm-out. He just liked Whiz. He would've been okay with other options, too.
That’s terrifying.

Two things going on with TS today. The CFB HOF dinner isn't until tomorrow night. Why fly up a day early?

Temple is 2 hours from NYC. Army is a little shorter. If TS is interviewing either Collins of Monken today seems to be the day. What's interesting is that Monken doesn't seem to want to leave Army.

Noticeably absent? Tony Elliott is in Charleston today visiting recruits.
He isn’t interviewing monken

Not really coaching news, but Kelly Bryant is headed to the SEC East. Don't know what this means for Elliott.

That’s good for Mizzou, gives them a bridge from Drew Lock to whoever the next guy is going to be. Doesn’t mean a thing for Elliott, I don’t think.

They did something I didn’t understand in that video.

Sometimes the center would snap the ball to a guy who wasn’t right behind him, and that guy would actually throw the ball through the air to another guy down the field. Is that even legal?
It just looks weird. How do people watch this offense??

Florida State next year?
giphyee.gif

Back