General Coaching Search News Thread

giphyee.gif

Don’t worry guy, he may be at Michigan next year.

If the rumors about Gus Malzahn are true, we need to cancel this Whiz thing and move it over to Gus immediately. TStan, I have already sold my soul to the devil to make this happen. Just say yes and he will do the rest.

If the rumors about Gus Malzahn are true, we need to cancel this Whiz thing and move it over to Gus immediately. TStan, I have already sold my soul to the devil to make this happen. Just say yes and he will do the rest.

You're streets behind.

All the Auburn fans just need to take a deep breath and accept that they ain't gonna out-Saban Saban. But Saban can't last forever. He's 67 years old and can't coach for more than another ten years.
When Saban retires, they're going to go after Dabo or Kirby. It's a catch 22 for Auburn either way.

Auburn fired their OC. That's a move you make if you plan to keep the coach but want to quell the masses. So I don't think Malzahn is going anywhere. I think Auburn fans are just trying to push him off on some other school

When Saban retires, they're going to go after Dabo or Kirby. It's a catch 22 for Auburn either way.

I don't see Kirby leaving his alma mater, where he's already making over $6 million a year and by the time Saban retires could very well be the first or second highest paid coach in the country. I could definitely see Dabo heading back to Bama, though.

With some extremely limited exceptions (Miami, Nebraska, Penn St, all decades ago) you almost never replace a legend with someone who can maintain his success.

With some extremely limited exceptions (Miami, Nebraska, Penn St, all decades ago) you almost never replace a legend with someone who can maintain his success.
Oklahoma? FSU? Pretty recently.

Oklahoma? FSU? Pretty recently.
I hope Lincoln Riley can do it, but so far he's still playing with house chips.

Jimbo's an interesting example, though we also see how that worked out in the end... If you're going to expand the category to include that kind of situation, you'd have to include some more folks, like Dan Devaney at Notre Dame, or Les Miles at LSU.

Back