General Coaching Search News Thread

FWIW rumor I heard was that big money alums will ante up serious money to address our other issues, staff, facilities, etc but requires that we hire KW. No idea if there’s anything to it. But might be worth it.
Somebody please get me the name of a 'big money alum' who is demanding KW. I'd like to talk to such a person.

They left off
"But at the present moment I’m just focusing on what I’ve got, and if the Lord provides an opportunity then I’ll have to go into prayer, talk with the people I trust and then possibly LOOK INTO IT.”

Sounds like he could be interested.
Are you serious? Do you have a source for the remainder of the quote?

Somebody please get me the name of a 'big money alum' who is demanding KW. I'd like to talk to such a person.

You have more money! Start throwing your weight around!!!

People with connections on the inside. If you look back on my posts for a few weeks, you’ll see where I predicted it probably the week before the UVA game or some such. I know I’ve mentioned it as well to a few people.

CPJ was offered a deal better than his current contract to retire, but less than what it would’ve cost us to fire him now.
Let's pin this one somewhere. This will become a public record at some point and I'd like you to have a chance to evaluate the credibility of your sources, pro or con.

EDIT. I'll use an odd word so we can find this easily in the future.
Martin Heidegger and Hannah Arendt had sex. Talk about the banality of evil, amirite?

Are you serious? Do you have a source for the remainder of the quote?

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article222548055.html

Elliott was asked following Clemson’s ACC championship win against Pitt on Saturday for his thoughts on the Georgia Tech job. He has not been contacted by anybody at Georgia Tech, he said. If that changes, there’s a process he will go through.

“That’s a situation where I’ll sit down and talk with coach (Dabo) Swinney, and I really haven’t given much thought to it. I’m still, like I’ve told you before, I’m still growing in this role. And I understand what the challenges are of being a head coach,” Elliott said. “There are some things I’ve got to do personally to get myself ready. But at the present moment, I’m just focusing on what I’ve got, and if the Lord provides an opportunity, then I’ll have to go into prayer, talk with the people I trust and then possibly look into it.”

Let's pin this one somewhere. This will become a public record at some point and I'd like you to have a chance to evaluate the credibility of your sources, pro or con.

Sure, why not. I’m sure you heard it too. You’re just too nice to pass it along.

Kingsbury as OC would be intriguing. Sounds like typical GT fan delusional thinking though

Kingsbury as OC would be intriguing. Sounds like typical GT fan delusional thinking though

Yeah, I can't imagine he'd come here as an OC when he's basically got an offer waiting for him at USC and is drawing interest from the NFL. I'd like the idea of us reaching out to him, nonetheless.

Hearing a lot of chatter from Warchant followers that FSU interested in Hugh Freeze for OC and Khalil Tate as a transfer. Further, FSU suspended an OL guy for Title IX offenses prior to season. He now wants to re-enroll and rejoin the team considering their OL is garbage. Those are some large PR hits to take on.

Hearing a lot of chatter from Warchant followers that FSU interested in Hugh Freeze for OC and Khalil Tate as a transfer. Further, FSU suspended an OL guy for Title IX offenses prior to season. He now wants to re-enroll and rejoin the team considering their OL is garbage. Those are some large PR hits to take on.

FSU has experience with taking on large PR hits.

What is the thought process for Taggart here? I mean, kudos for handing over playcalling duties after posting the school’s worst record in 30 years, but why introduce as much as possible into your program in your second season after managing to get yourself on the hot seat in your first season?

I'm in the minority but I wouldn't mind Whisenhunt as our HC. I just hope he would bring in a heck of a staff for recruiting and I'd be curious to see who he chose as OC and DC. Specifically, would he try to run a pro-set or would he be willing to go spread option attack? We don't have the personnel for a pro style offense right now but a transition to spread wouldn't be a huge departure from what we do now.
You are not in the minority

Back