Geoff Collins

Gotta say, I honestly had not noticed that Collins has been absent on social media. I agree, the best thing he can do right now is stay in his office or the practice facility, try to get some wins, then maybe we'd be willing to hear what he has to say.

(And extension of the Conyers Mafia)

I’m new here and new to the GT SM world and I’ve been overseas for about a year and out of touch with Georgia Tech Football. Just recently retired from 20 years in the service with 5 years over seas contract work. Grandfather graduated Tech in 1947, brother in 2012, sister in 2015. And my mothers dad was employed with GT for years at GT but retired in the 70s.

I’m wanting an honest (not smartass) but honest response about why Geoff Collins hasn’t been present in the media about the state of the program. Is he so busy? is he more focused on football? Please give honest responses. I am a true tech supporter and just bought season tickets. I just want to know why it seems that no one knows anything about this damn program and what’s going on with the state of it.

serious replies only please and thanks

Just speaking for myself, I paid a lot of attention to all Coach Collins' social media and public relations things for three years. I bought into it and got excited and hopeful. But, after three very disappointing seasons in a row, I am no longer watching or paying attention to that stuff any more. It just makes me mad, because there is a total disconnect between that stuff and what happens on the field.

I’m new here and new to the GT SM world and I’ve been overseas for about a year and out of touch with Georgia Tech Football. Just recently retired from 20 years in the service with 5 years over seas contract work. Grandfather graduated Tech in 1947, brother in 2012, sister in 2015. And my mothers dad was employed with GT for years at GT but retired in the 70s.

I’m wanting an honest (not smartass) but honest response about why Geoff Collins hasn’t been present in the media about the state of the program. Is he so busy? is he more focused on football? Please give honest responses. I am a true tech supporter and just bought season tickets. I just want to know why it seems that no one knows anything about this damn program and what’s going on with the state of it.

Thank you for your service.
It's probably a good idea for him to avoid media and likely mandated by someone higher up.
We all know that he can be very tone deaf when attempting to deal with fans or alumni.
Many don't understand why he is still here beyond a horrible contract that is expensive to buy out.
Even NBC ridiculed him and our program on national TV.
1653679950048.jpeg

It's probably a good idea for him to avoid media and likely mandated by someone higher up.
We all know that he can be very tone deaf when attempting to deal with fans or alumni.
Many don't understand why he is still here beyond a horrible contract that is expensive to buy out.
1653679950048.jpeg
Look at the detail tho they even got the number of fans in the stadium right

1653679950048.jpeg
We earned the ridicule. As PJ would say IIWII

Talking about the program would not serve any purpose at the present time. If CGC said anything positive about the program it would just be met with derision and insults. If he met with our fans he would just be setting himself up for venom, curses, name calling, threats, etc. It would just put the program under an ugly, ugly light. It is better to just lay low and try to turn the program around.

Talking about the program would not serve any purpose at the present time. If CGC said anything positive about the program it would just be met with derision and insults. If he met with our fans he would just be setting himself up for venom, curses, name calling, threats, etc. It would just put the program under an ugly, ugly light. It is better to just lay low and try to turn the program around.

Our fanbase has really showed how toxic it can be on our various forums. Can’t blame him one bit!

Chris Weinke would make a fine replacement as HC. He is a brilliant tactician. His career as a professional would have taken him far if he hadn’t suffered a career ending injury.

Wasn’t juicing the program one of his strengths? Of course, if he can take a straw poll in the middle of a game to decide to kick a FG or not, then it’s unsurprising he shrivels on other things in the program based on the fanbase’s feelings.

Chris Weinke would make a fine replacement as HC. He is a brilliant tactician. His career as a professional would have taken him far if he hadn’t suffered a career ending injury.

You mean that career 54.4 completion percentage and that TD:INT ratio of 15:26?

My take only but his welcome witht he 404 and waffle House and 15 combinations of uniform has worn out..........too much hype and no production in win loss department.........think many of the faithful have written him off .

All hype and zero substance, people have become sick and tired of it. Best thing for him to do is lay low until he can accomplish something of note. Telling us to trust his elite process of taking back the 404 and that if we can't see the improvement then we aren't looking just comes off as so bleh :puke:

Back