Geoff Collins

I know. I agree. We traded a HC for a salesman. I hope you are saying this for the CGC fanboys. I have never been one. I thought and still think, our only hope of competing with the best (occasionally) is having a special HC with a difficult to prepare for scheme.
We traded an OC for a CEO. We haven't had a HC in well over a decade

FTRS:

Almost universally, new head coaches who create a bump do so in year two or three; if not by then, it usually doesn’t happen. Recent performance, massive losses in production, a lack of game-changing additions, and an absolutely brutal schedule mean that realistic expectations for this year’s outcome fall right around what we have seen the last three seasons. And that isn’t, and shouldn’t be, good enough. As we launch into this year’s Opinion Week, I believe very strongly that Georgia Tech will be looking for its 22nd head football coach sometime in 2022.

FTRS:

Almost universally, new head coaches who create a bump do so in year two or three; if not by then, it usually doesn’t happen. Recent performance, massive losses in production, a lack of game-changing additions, and an absolutely brutal schedule mean that realistic expectations for this year’s outcome fall right around what we have seen the last three seasons. And that isn’t, and shouldn’t be, good enough. As we launch into this year’s Opinion Week, I believe very strongly that Georgia Tech will be looking for its 22nd head football coach sometime in 2022.

Well bust my little bubble. Note that it was very little. Hard to argue against any of that.

3235-F90-E-F397-41-C9-8985-5713-AF61-ECAA.jpg

FTRS:

Man, that Robert Binion guy sucks. Don't you think?

Was hoping there would be some meat to this, but it looks like he just through it out like some truism
Yeah, that's FTRS for you. A lot of effort to post their articles: they research and quote stats, cut up video, etc. Unfortunately, though, they never generate anything insightful or meaningful from that effort. It absolutely gives off the impression that it's written by a data analyst who has been trained that if you throw enough information at someone that they won't challenge your assumptions and biased and will blindly buy your conclusions.

About the only value I could imagine from that site is that it can often serve as a summarized version of the discussions that have already taken place on the various tech message boards, so if you don't care to participate in the discussions it can give you a feel for "what people are saying."

Yeah, that's FTRS for you. A lot of effort to post their articles: they research and quote stats, cut up video, etc. Unfortunately, though, they never generate anything insightful or meaningful from that effort. It absolutely gives off the impression that it's written by a data analyst who has been trained that if you throw enough information at someone that they won't challenge your assumptions and biased and will blindly buy your conclusions.

About the only value I could imagine from that site is that it can often serve as a summarized version of the discussions that have already taken place on the various tech message boards, so if you don't care to participate in the discussions it can give you a feel for "what people are saying."

The stats and insights have been good, but it's definitely not as good as it used to be.

We traded an OC for a CEO. We haven't had a HC in well over a decade
This is exactly right. Johnson could have been so much more than the 1 trick pony he’ll be remembered for. That’s on him. Collins will be remembered as a circus member. The last real college coach we’ve had was O’Leary. Chan was fine but not cut out for the college game although a good coach.

This is exactly right. Johnson could have been so much more than the 1 trick pony he’ll be remembered for. That’s on him. Collins will be remembered as a circus member. The last real college coach we’ve had was O’Leary. Chan was fine but not cut out for the college game although a good coach.
We will never know what CPJ could have accomplished with decent AD's providing the necessary support.

1) Give him until September before you decide to be toxic about the program. Number of losses aren’t changing between now and Labor Day and he’s not getting fired. A lot of you are sounding like douchebags rehashing the same öööö over and over.
2) Let’s see how this new staff will do. There are some really good coaches in that mix.
3) He needs to make a bowl game this season and win that bowl game. That’s the bare minimum. That is generous in my opinion and achievable. If he can’t do that with the new staff he’s not winning more than 5 ever.
4) We’re not bringing the option back. Stop salivating over Monken or who tf ever. Some of you option cultists almost sound like you enjoy the misery of the program so in your minds you can be proven right that your way is the way.
5) Everything is gonna be alright. We’re on the brink of change either way the season goes.

zero chance gt makes a bowl game. LOL

CPJ was and will always be 10x the HC CGC will ever be. Not even debatable

Back