Gnonkonde gone

Offers from Ole Miss and UCF. I didn't know anything about the guy, was he a high value target?

Was a high 3 star on the Georgia Tech Rivals website... what's that site called? He was our 1st commit, so we obviously saw something we liked early.

I don't know the details and maybe I am wrong for feeling the way I do, but this sucks. How long has this young man been commited to us and we tell him he is not eligible two weeks before signing day. This crap is as bad as oversigning.

I don't know the details and maybe I am wrong for feeling the way I do, but this sucks. How long has this young man been commited to us and we tell him he is not eligible two weeks before signing day. This crap is as bad as oversigning.

Perhaps he was advised to take a class and he didn't?

Who knows?

If we could drop the Hill from our schedule, we'd be in the Orange 1 outta every 3 years, easy. And, we'd damned well be better than 1-10 vs the necks.

This was posted on the Hive Main Board. It's some information. No details of when each event happened.

No speculation on this as i talked to both. Was asked to post this from the Insider's Board by GP!

Hearing Gnonkonde is no longer headed to GT. We'll have some follow-up.

Here's a few points on how this took place as we found out from his coach. Thanks to Dale for getting this info.

1. He was called prior to his official visit and the visit was cancelled.

2. Coach Johnson called the following week to let them know his offer had been pulled.

3. In the meantime, CPJ called some schools on Junior's behalf to let them know that he was available. That is why schools have been in contact with him.

4. The GPA was fine but the ACT and SAT were below what it needed to be.

5. He is taking the SAT again and if he scores high enough, if GT then offers,and if he doesn't sign a LOI on Feb 1, he still would want to attend GT.

This was posted on the Hive Main Board. It's some information. No details of when each event happened.

No speculation on this as i talked to both. Was asked to post this from the Insider's Board by GP!

Hearing Gnonkonde is no longer headed to GT. We'll have some follow-up.

Here's a few points on how this took place as we found out from his coach. Thanks to Dale for getting this info.

1. He was called prior to his official visit and the visit was cancelled.

2. Coach Johnson called the following week to let them know his offer had been pulled.

3. In the meantime, CPJ called some schools on Junior's behalf to let them know that he was available. That is why schools have been in contact with him.

4. The GPA was fine but the ACT and SAT were below what it needed to be.

5. He is taking the SAT again and if he scores high enough, if GT then offers,and if he doesn't sign a LOI on Feb 1, he still would want to attend GT.

Good info, thanks for posting. #5 gives me hope.

This kid comes from Africa and has, what, a year to score high enough on the SAT to get into Tech? I'm a fan of standardized testing, and I don't know all the details, but seems Tech should use some discretion in cases like this.

No worries, the hill informed him 10 days before signing date. That should be plenty of time for him to find another commitment.
:rolleyes:

No worries, the hill informed him 10 days before signing date. That should be plenty of time for him to find another commitment.
:rolleyes:

Wrong. Read sandlapperjacket's post--Gnonkonde was informed likely a month or so ago, a week after whenever his OV was scheduled. We are just now being informed.

Wrong. Read sandlapperjacket's post--Gnonkonde was informed likely a month or so ago, a week after whenever his OV was scheduled. We are just now being informed.

Ok. Still sucks for him though. He was committed for a long time.

It would be so nice if SAT scores cancelled each other out. If we could get a guy with 1600 then we could get another with 1000. Standardized test scores are meaningless anyway.

Standardized test scores are meaningless anyway.

No they're not, they are excellent predictors of college performance--better than anything else we've got.

This reminds me of Jim Carrey in Liar Liar...

"I'm kicking my own ass...do ya' mind???!!"

Hey Georgia Tech...DON'T FORGET TO KILL YOURSELF!

I find it interesting that the first place CPJ calls is Central Florida. Do we still have some O'Leary connections lingering?

I find it interesting that the first place CPJ calls is Central Florida. Do we still have some O'Leary connections lingering?
I think it's because they were already recruiting him previously.

How the F*** can the Hill do this??? Knowing full well that people that don't get into Tech are destined for poverty, starvation, and living on the streets. May this person's, and all other people who don't get accepted, blood be on your hands you wretched Hill. You are modern day Pharisees and we see you for what you are.I curse you forever and wish upon you the same fate that you have inflicted upon others. I double this curse if the rejected person was a prospective offensive or defensive lineman or someone who could punt or kick the ball into the endzone or run the TO and complete more than 50% of their passes or who is an athletic receiver who can also catch the ball or someone who can coach special teams or create their own shot off the dribble in BB or hit and catch a baseball in postseason play. You Hill are the spawn of the Devil and I refute thee.

Better looking mates at Appalachian State. We're better off without this disease. Time to move forward. Piece of ---- can't make a commitment beyond the end of his penis. We don't need him. Tech is a classy school. We don't need these knuckledraggers.

Back