GT v. FSU in Ireland 2024

I got the notification that my tickets were available and the procedure to access them, but when I go to the site there aren't any tickets. I reached out to them, but haven't heard back yet.

Looks like the game is sold out officially. Based on the volume of nole comments on the instagram post, feels like we're going to be outnumbered 4:1 out there.

Looks like the game is sold out officially. Based on the volume of nole comments on the instagram post, feels like we're going to be outnumbered 4:1 out there.
1000003074.jpg

I wouldn’t put too much stock into online comments. We travel well for destination games. I expect it to be 50/50.

I’ve heard FSU was the one having difficulty selling their allotment.

I’ve heard FSU was the one having difficulty selling their allotment.
I read on here at some point that GT returned an unsold portion of its allotment to the event, so that would be good news, relatively.

I wouldn’t put too much stock into online comments. We travel well for destination games. I expect it to be 50/50.

I really doubt that. First trip, we outnumbered BC in a stadium that was still half empty. I can’t imagine we’d bring MORE people than that in a return engagement, and this is FSU’s first time over there. Thinking we’re gonna be pretty outnumbered this time.

JRjr

What do we expect for local attendance and how they might swing? I'm guessing we're the only team with an Irishman on the roster.

I really doubt that. First trip, we outnumbered BC in a stadium that was still half empty. I can’t imagine we’d bring MORE people than that in a return engagement, and this is FSU’s first time over there. Thinking we’re gonna be pretty outnumbered this time.

JRjr
The stadium was almost sold out, around 46,000 people in a stadium that seats 51,000. GT brought at least 15,000 fans.

GT@BC_Dublin.jpg

The stadium was almost sold out, around 46,000 people in a stadium that seats 51,000. GT brought at least 15,000 fans.

GT@BC_Dublin.jpg
OK, maybe not half empty, but a fair number of people dressed as seats. Maybe some no-shows based on the rain. First pic is Tech taking the field, second pic is the band at the end of the game.
31643711885_d6b6684377_o.jpeg
31643709435_89e86c64fd_o.jpeg

The Tech section looked pretty good from what I could see of it down in the front row.

The sold out message reference “over 47,000” tickets sold and “27,000 international fans” for this year, FWIW.

JRjr

Back