Hahahahah. PSU!

cause it's funny to see who is stupid enough to hire him
This is like the second or third time someone has claimed he's about to be hired. Mods need to ban the next poster who posts a "Clown about to be hired" thread.

Jordan Mason
Jalen Camp
Tariq Carpenter
Charlie Thomas
Tre Swilling
Juanyeh Thomas
Nathan Cottrel
Jack Coco
Harvin

all have played in the NFL.

I contend that Brandon Adams would’ve played had he not passed away.

I think all of our Guards under CPJ were undervalued there’s no reason Parker Braun and Uzzi didn’t play in the league. Just never got their shot.
You missed what was said. This was about O players in the NFL starting in 2019 vs the change of HC’s mid 2022. The talent and O across the board was changed between CPJ and the former HC and the former HC to CBK.

Jamyr Gibbs wasn't on the roster that Key inherited. Williams is a good bet.
This was related to NFL talent starting in 2019 through 2022. Here are others:

OL - Devin Cochran (Transfer from Vandy)
TE - Tyler Davis (Transfer from UCONN)

CPJ current O NFL:

OL - Mason (active)
TE - Waller (active)
RB - Jordan Mason (active)
WR - Jalen Camp (PS)

Former to CBK current NFL:

RB - Gibbs (active)
OL - Cochran (IR)
TE - Davis (IR)

You missed what was said. This was about O players in the NFL starting in 2019 vs the change of HC’s mid 2022. The talent and O across the board was changed between CPJ and the former HC and the former HC to CBK.
I re-read your post and the offense still had 4 NFL players on it. And 5 if you include Juanyeh Thomas. It also would’ve had Dedrick Mills on it if he had his personal issues under control. The interior of the line averaged 300# on 6-2’. I am of the opinion that the belief around the recruiting trail and of the current and former staff made substantial problems in the locker room, and I was very anti-Brent Key for his treatment of the program and its players as if they were less than adequate. The offensive players were pretty good for any offense with the exception of the QB and Tackles, but given what we see in the NFL today and at a lot of colleges maybe QB wasn’t too far off either.

The suggestion you are making is that CPJ is the greatest coach in the history of football, and if these decent G5 teams would just run the option they’d be able to be amongst the top of the ACC year after year. Neither of those suggestions is true because we always had substantially better talent than G5 schools. Our lackluster post college football alumni network did its worst at promoting its brothers in their NFL bids, or on the recruiting trail in my opinion because they didn’t like being associated with an option school.

This was related to NFL talent starting in 2019 through 2022. Here are others:

OL - Devin Cochran (Transfer from Vandy)
TE - Tyler Davis (Transfer from UCONN)

CPJ current O NFL:

OL - Mason (active)
TE - Waller (active)
RB - Jordan Mason (active)
WR - Jalen Camp (PS)

Former to CBK current NFL:

RB - Gibbs (active)
OL - Cochran (IR)
TE - Davis (IR)

It was about who inherited a better roster, Clown or Key. I guess you turned it into who played from 2019-2022. :dunno:

It was about who inherited a better roster, Clown or Key. I guess you turned it into who played from 2019-2022. :dunno:
You must be missing this again.

1. CPJ ran the spread option offense. Previous HC ran a completely different offense. Square peg, round hole at certain position groups.
2. CBK after 4 recruiting classes took over and kept the same offensive principles going from Long to Faulkner.

So I’ll ask. Who had more pieces in place from day 1 based on the offensive system being run? Previous HC or CBK?

Had GT hired Monken instead of the previous HC, the results would have never dropped below 7-8 wins. Would have been a very seamless transition. But people wanted a change and GT paid for it in the W / L column.

cause it's funny to see who is stupid enough to hire him

The most likely scenario is that he never coaches again and runs some camps using “I know Saban and Rhule and all kinds of people at places like Florida and Temple” to steal money from the parents of marginal quality players.

Once a snake oil salesman, always a snake oil salesman.

Had GT hired Monken instead of the previous HC, the results would have never dropped below 7-8 wins. Would have been a very seamless transition. But people wanted a change and GT paid for it in the W / L column.
I don’t think it was the offensive scheme. Probably would have won 6 in that first year with a decent coach.

Never dropped below that with Chan

false. would have never surpassed 7 wins either with monken. gt paid the price for hiring clown instead of an actual coach.

You're right. It had nothing to do with the fact that we hired a scam artist who had no clue how to run a program or football team. Winning coaches win. Losers lose (and then make excuses).

Back