Here we go again. Conference expansion

Local sports radio speculated when Clemson is ready, they approach SEC as a package deal with GT, FSU, UM (GT because of the ATL market).

So, the local radio you’re listening to is unaware that SEC champ game is in Atlanta and they already “own” this market?

Ugag will block any such move for GT to go back to the SEC.

Clemmons won’t be able to dictate terms to the SEC (and USC would try to block such a move).

If you are thinking of schools being added to a conference, they have to move the needle “financially” in order for the economics to make sense. Clemmons nor GT move the needle for the SEC.

So, the local radio you’re listening to is unaware that SEC champ game is in Atlanta and they already “own” this market?

Ugag will block any such move for GT to go back to the SEC.

Clemmons won’t be able to dictate terms to the SEC (and USC would try to block such a move).

If you are thinking of schools being added to a conference, they have to move the needle “financially” in order for the economics to make sense. Clemmons nor GT move the needle for the SEC.
UGA, USC and UF lost their ability to block by screwing A&M. They need 4 votes in the current SEC to block a team from coming in. I’m not sure they would have the 4 to block that alliance, especially if there is an alternative outcome of the alliance going to B1G.

UGA, USC and UF lost their ability to block by screwing A&M. They need 4 votes in the current SEC to block a team from coming in. I’m not sure they would have the 4 to block that alliance, especially if there is an alternative outcome of the alliance going to B1G.

The east schools just screwed themselves over if they vote to allow Texas and OU in over the opposition of A&M. They won't have a moral high ground to stand on......oh wait.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

If by smarter you mean less scrupulous then no doubt about it. But you will forgive me if I do not join you in your blind admiration of the SEC. Clemson has done pretty well for themselves as a member of the ACC but the SEC is smart while the ACC is just lucky, I guess.
This is what is wrong with the world. I make one comment (as many others have) that the SEC regarding this matter did a great job and you turn it into “blind admiration” as if I love the SEC. I don’t. They are a league of scumbags and cheaters who have cheapened (if possible) the degree of every alumni by admitting in players who can barely read. But, since this is a FOOTBALL message board and not a ethics message board I figured we could talk openly about football. And on this topic the SEC has run circles around every other conference. If the ACC had announced they just spent 6 months in secrecy getting OU and Texas you and I both would be screaming how awesome it was. I give credit where credit is earned. The leaders of the ACC have sat back and done nothing for years living off Coach K, Roy, and Bowden, if it wasn’t for Dabo the ACC would be a laughingstock of mediocrity. The SEC simply wants to win whereas the idiots who run the ACC just want to enjoy their positions and drink their cocktails. I can’t wait until the day when GT can get away from the Tobacco Road crew. I’d love to see the ACC outsiders like Clemson, FSU, GT, and VT jump ship and leave the others to enjoy their lacrosse and soccer.

This is what is wrong with the world. I make one comment (as many others have) that the SEC regarding this matter did a great job and you turn it into “blind admiration” as if I love the SEC. I don’t. They are a league of scumbags and cheaters who have cheapened (if possible) the degree of every alumni by admitting in players who can barely read. But, since this is a FOOTBALL message board and not a ethics message board I figured we could talk openly about football. And on this topic the SEC has run circles around every other conference. If the ACC had announced they just spent 6 months in secrecy getting OU and Texas you and I both would be screaming how awesome it was. I give credit where credit is earned. The leaders of the ACC have sat back and done nothing for years living off Coach K, Roy, and Bowden, if it wasn’t for Dabo the ACC would be a laughingstock of mediocrity. The SEC simply wants to win whereas the idiots who run the ACC just want to enjoy their positions and drink their cocktails. I can’t wait until the day when GT can get away from the Tobacco Road crew. I’d love to see the ACC outsiders like Clemson, FSU, GT, and VT jump ship and leave the others to enjoy their lacrosse and soccer.
I personally hope VT gets screwed, öööö VT. In Nesbit we pray.

Im not going to hold my breath on sports radio
It would undercut any chance for the BIG to get a southern market to compete with the SEC. Many have speculated CFB would eventually just get to one mega conference of the haves and it looks like it's going that way.

Oh come off it. They are absolutely a rival. It was us or them out of the coastal for years. We beat them 4 out of 5

I don’t know about beat them 4 out of 5 if my memory serves me correctly but the 2000s to early 2010s were definitely us vs VT in the coastal.

Oh come off it. They are absolutely a rival. It was us or them out of the coastal for years. We beat them 4 out of 5
A rival I wouldn't bat an eye at not playing anymore.Not ever playing them anymore would not be a big deal. I wouldn't lose sleep over it and quite honestly the only rivalry I would care about is the gaggers.

So if the ACC somehow lands ND and PSU then I suppose that doesn't change anything. Even if the SEC gets neither Texas or Oklahoma.

See, that's part of the problem. You are assuming the SEC will win and the ACC will lose.

Come off of what? I enjoy playing Clemson much more than VT and always have. I enjoy playing FSU more than VT. Other than football do you even pay attention to when we schedule VT in another sport?
If this is the logic then I am on board. It’s just acting like we don’t care isn’t very valuable. Do we care about other things more? That’s fine to argue for.

Back