Here we go again. Conference expansion

I don’t care what happens as long as Tech has a seat at the table.
1628904448333.gif

How can every team in CFB not desire to come here to play? Better yet, how can the best recruits not want to come here to play? Athens? A ööööhole. Same with Tuscaloosa.

I think it would help recruiting. A lot of our recruits would like to play those teams as opposed to looking forward to Weak Florist, who should be booted from the ACC

Agreed. Need something to sell recruits and a truly national audience would do that. We also need to be playing FSU and Clemson every year.

I'm just talking out my ass, but I'm guessing peak revenue foe Disney on these deals has already passed and will continue to decrease. Fox, im sure could see a bidding war driving up costs would not have been a good financial decision, unless they did it simply to drive up espns cost with no intention of actually signing deals

Fox is owned by Disney.

Fox isn’t gonna be competing against ESPN/ABC anymore.

The ACC needs to move forward and compete or they will lose Clemson and/or FSU.

ND needs to be in or cast away and replaced. Make them an offer with 2x TV revenue share and if they say no start process to remove them. WV is by far more logical addition and is misfit in the B12 already. They should be offered.

If ND doesn't join I would make strong push for OK State.
The whole ND should join the ACC nonsense needs to stop.
Part of what makes ND special (maybe all of it) is the fact that it is the only remaining major independent and that allows it to command the NBC deal.
If ND joins the ACC, its mystique and uniqueness disappears. The 8-9 ACC games it plays then will be worth a fraction of the 5 or so ACC games it plus every year today.

Fox is owned by Disney.

Fox isn’t gonna be competing against ESPN/ABC anymore.

Disney did not buy Fox News or Fox Sports https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-deal-own-assets/

"For the other elements of Fox that were not part of the deal, they are to be spun off into their own new group, which will be called Fox Corporation. This includes the Fox Broadcasting Company, their major Sports networks, the Fox News and Business Networks, and the legendary 20th Century Fox lot in Los Angeles, although Disney will be leasing that for the time being."

The whole ND should join the ACC nonsense needs to stop.
Part of what makes ND special (maybe all of it) is the fact that it is the only remaining major independent and that allows it to command the NBC deal.
If ND joins the ACC, its mystique and uniqueness disappears. The 8-9 ACC games it plays then will be worth a fraction of the 5 or so ACC games it plus every year today.

Maybe in the long run, but for awhile it will continue dying the slow death it's already been in the process of for decades. They would absolutely help the ACC's bargaining position in the short term... and in today's college football landscape, there's no point in angling for anything other than the next deal.

Maybe we could talk NBC and ND jointly creating a new ACCNBC, if in fact Fox Sports is choosing to hold steady or contract on their NCAA commitment.

CBS could be interested now that they've lost the SEC game of the week?

Back