I think CPJ's finally done with Taquon

My problem with TO is when the option is called, before the play even starts he's got it in his head to keep the ball, not even looking if the B back will gain some yards. That happened at least 3 times today. Had he let Howard or Mason have the ball, 8-10 yds fer sure. Hope it doesn't burn them the rest of the season
Got a feeling he's #1 now.

Sometimes what looks like a TO is actually a called QB run - no option - which is often the preferred call with an inexperienced QB..

Sometimes what looks like a TO is actually a called QB run - no option - which is often the preferred call with an inexperienced QB..

Yeah, I’m not sure how much 3o is called with TO. A lot is double option (usually speed option, but not always).

what the hell is a cross charge? why is tqm bringing corporate finance into the game??

Think 3O. Typical option reads begin with DE in the dive. Then, OLB in the pitch phase.

Cross charge is DE and OLB switch responsibilities. It basically confuses the QB into making bad reads in the dive phase. It’s considered the hardest read to make by a QB.

It’s a big time risk and reward for the D. If the QB reads it right, you’re boned, typically.

Last edited:
TO had several triples called and only read one wrong. Most triples called for the give or the keep and no pitches... other than the wild pitch from the miss read on the give...

Either GT changed the blocking a little on the triple or 72 made some blocking errors on several plays. He blocked the DE when the OLB charged the QB making the MLB the pitch read.

I’d like to see TQM line up as an Aback on the short side, trips on the far side, run a rocket toss to him, than give him an option to tuck it or throw it. It would be a fun gadget play.

I hope and Pray that CPJ is done with TQM at QB.... I hope he plays him at AB!!!

TO won the job outright not when he threw the 86-yd TD (the safeties were giving that up because he had no completions).

He won the job outright when later in the game, twice he checked down and hit his BB with short passes (I think they are wrong to count one as a pitch) to turn a TFL into a 1st down. TQM never did that to my memory; it was either the first receiver within 1.5 seconds or tuck and run it.

I love TQM, but the vision to see multiple receivers adds a whole layer we've been missing.

öööö. You’re right. Used the calculator this time. Didn’t realize you’re 4 times older than me. What moisturizer are you using? Working great!

I always suspected that you were a 13-year old, thanks for confirming.

Back