If King Is Still Dinged Up Next Sat But Could Play …

Goal is to maximize wins. King gives us a better chance at getting 2 or 3 more conference wins. Unless he is 100%, keep him out of the ND game.

If it's a concussion it's very unlikely he'd be cleared in time for Notre Dame.

Check out the concussion protocol:

Particularly:
Each NCAA student-athlete with concussion must undergo a supervised stepwise
progression* management plan by a health care provider with expertise in concussion
that specifies:
Step 1: Symptom-limited activities of daily living.
Step 2: Aerobic exercise with light resistance training as tolerated (no more than
mild+ or brief++ exacerbation of symptoms).
2a: Light (up to approximately 55% maximum heart rate); then
2b: Moderate (up to approximately 70% maximum heart rate).
Step 3: Individual sport-specific exercise and activity without any risk of
inadvertent head-impact exposure.
Proceed to Step 4 only after resolution of signs and symptoms related to the current
concussion, including with and after physical exertion.
Step 4: Non-contact practice with progressive resistance training.
Step 5: Unrestricted practice or training.
Step 6: Unrestricted return-to-sport. **
*It is typical for each step to be ≥
24 hours.

**Unrestricted return-to-sport should not occur prior to unrestricted return-to-learn for
injuries occurring while the athlete is enrolled in classes
A concussion in his throwing shoulder?

Zach will be up for the task. And he was also 56-3 as a starting qb in HS, played in 3 consecutive state championships as a starting Qb and is 3-0 in those games. He was 18-1 as a starting Qb in playoff games in HS also. And half of his HS career was in the one of the highest classifications in the state of Alabama. So winning is also in his DNA. And the play calling against UNC wasn’t because he cannot throw.

Regardless of who starts, ND will be a good football team and hands down the best defense we’ve played all year, so a total team effort will be required. And let me be clear, we hope and pray Haynes is healthy and can play.
Very true. He’s also proven he can win and is tough as nails. The VT game when ZP started and played two years ago comes to mind. When you have QBs that aren’t afraid to run, there’s always risk of injury. The next one up has to be ready.

This is 4D chess to keep ND guessing on which QB to prepare for.

Zach will be up for the task. And he was also 56-3 as a starting qb in HS, played in 3 consecutive state championships as a starting Qb and is 3-0 in those games. He was 18-1 as a starting Qb in playoff games in HS also. And half of his HS career was in the one of the highest classifications in the state of Alabama. So winning is also in his DNA. And the play calling against UNC wasn’t because he cannot throw.

Regardless of who starts, ND will be a good football team and hands down the best defense we’ve played all year, so a total team effort will be required. And let me be clear, we hope and pray Haynes is healthy and can play.
Little weird how obsessed you are with a young man and know all his stats since childhood by heart.

Suspected earlier in the game that HK had shoulder problems,a number of his passes seemed not as tight a spiral as usual, and his overthrows were more numerous than usual. Hope he will be up for ND.

100% this. No qualms whatsoever if ZP needs to step in for the ND game. Kids a baller. Might even give us a no film advantage. Al Golden is an above average DC IMHO when he has time and tape....not so good shifting on the fly.

Start Pyron Saturday, if King is not 100%. QB is not our issue. Pyron can make the plays.

Notre Dame is a huge football team on both lines. We are going to have to play our best game in the trenches and have zero mistakes on special teams. We need booming punts or angled punts that get yardage and head out of bounds. If Notre Dame wins the field position game, we are in for a long day.

That said, they have been beaten this season so I don't see why we can't be their second loss.

100% this. No qualms whatsoever if ZP needs to step in for the ND game. Kids a baller. Might even give us a no film advantage. Al Golden is an above average DC IMHO when he has time and tape....not so good shifting on the fly.

Wildcat with Singleton would be epic.

GT +8.5 right now... I think that assumes Pyron is the starter.

Start Pyron Saturday, if King is not 100%. QB is not our issue. Pyron can make the plays.

Notre Dame is a huge football team on both lines. We are going to have to play our best game in the trenches and have zero mistakes on special teams. We need booming punts or angled punts that get yardage and head out of bounds. If Notre Dame wins the field position game, we are in for a long day.

That said, they have been beaten this season so I don't see why we can't be their second loss.

If we can put everything together and play a clean game, we can beat them. The problem is that I'm not sure we've done that in a real game all season, and that's true of every aspect of our team right now: O, D, ST, and gameday coaching. The closest was probably against FSU, but we didn't throw the ball downfield at all that game and we will need to if we want to beat ND.

That said, there's a first time for everything. And if there's one thing we have been consistent about during Key's tenure, it's giving full effort until the end. Looking forward to the game. It's good to have meaningful GT football back in my life.

My guess is we'll play our cards close to the vest and not reveal anything either way until right before the game starts. If there is any possibility King can play, he will. He just has that warrior mentality.

Back