If King Is Still Dinged Up Next Sat But Could Play …

CBK said in his presser today that King is still a “game time decision” but that he was in practice today. I take that as a positive.

My sources indicate a high likelihood Haynes King will be ready for ND.

A UNC defender popped his helmut while his right arm was raised and it seems that created some numbness in his right arm.

My guess is he'll be full strength for the green munchkins.
King will want to play even if his shoulder is barely attached. But if he need to heal up for the rest of the season it’s the coach’s job to make that call

Haynes in bold with no "or"

1729265716553.png

I guess if you have 2 Fr and 1 So RBs that are serviceable backups to Haynes, then no reason to not give them all time ahead of Cooley.

The way Alexander runs, I would think he was 210 or heavier. Dude can punish the defenders.

Pyron can get it done. As long as he’s not held back by playcalling, I have no worries.
I'm fine with Pyron. He's absolutely up to the task and while not happy that King is on the injured list, I am happy that Pyron is getting the opportunity to show his wares on a national stage and a whole week to prepare for it.

I think its accurate to dub Philo as the current backup and from what I'm hearing, he is not afraid of the moment should the need arise for him to step in.

One thing to watch (regardless of who is taking snaps) is this: ND is tied for 8th in sacks (16 so far) while GT is #1 nationally in sacks allowed (1)

Pyron can get it done. As long as he’s not held back by playcalling, I have no worries.

I think the conservative play calling last week was a matter of wanting to hold on to the lead and not make a mistake, and likely would've been doing the same even with King in. Shades of the 28-3 lead in the Superbowl.

We will be just fine with Pyron. This video sucks, but you get the gist. I think it was linked earlier in the thread. ACC DN is pathetic. Even spelled his name wrong. And the splash image says highlights versus North Carolina.

Last edited:
Back