If King Is Still Dinged Up Next Sat But Could Play …

Weird GT connection: Pyron was QB at the same high school Bo Nix went to. Bo’s dad (Pat Nix, yes that one!!) was the HC. It’s a great program. I’m not sure if Pat Nix and Pyron were there at the same time, though.

My sources indicate a high likelihood Haynes King will be ready for ND.

A UNC defender popped his helmut while his right arm was raised and it seems that created some numbness in his right arm.

My guess is he'll be full strength for the green munchkins.

A UNC defender popped his helmut while his right arm was raised and it seems that created some numbness in his right arm.

Helmut approves.

IMG_6500.jpeg

Didn't that happen early and he played with it for 2+ quarters? really tough kid if so

Zach will be up for the task. And he was also 56-3 as a starting qb in HS, played in 3 consecutive state championships as a starting Qb and is 3-0 in those games. He was 18-1 as a starting Qb in playoff games in HS also. And half of his HS career was in the one of the highest classifications in the state of Alabama. So winning is also in his DNA. And the play calling against UNC wasn’t because he cannot throw.

Regardless of who starts, ND will be a good football team and hands down the best defense we’ve played all year, so a total team effort will be required. And let me be clear, we hope and pray Haynes is healthy and can play.
I fully believe he’s up for the task. Just boggles the mind the Staff haven’t let him throw out of the formation this year other than VMI. Have you talked to him about that at all? Obv you can’t say everything.

I’m sure he will get a bunch of reps in practice this week and will be ready to go. Just wonder about the play calling.

If King starts we tone down the call QB runs and go quick passes to avoid the rush. Pyron needs lots of passing reps this week in practice.

I put King's symptoms, observed from game footage with my medically untrained eye, into chat gpt and it diagnosed him with an AC sprain.

I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night so take that with a grain of salt.

looked to me like king entered the game injured, holding his arm weird from the start, even before the awkward hit early on

I seem to recall rumors of him nursing a leg injury the week before as well.

Either way, both QBs have played in big games before at the college level. It's one of the few positions we have with substantial depth.

Back