Impact on Recruiting

Discussion in 'Football' started by cbee, Sep 15, 2019.

1. JacketForLife

JacketForLife No more small ball, thanks

Loc:
    Your Head
    Team:
    Ramblin' Wreck
    I wish it was their feelings that would run instead

• Like Like x 1
  2. beej67

beej67 new around here Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    the smouldering hellscape of east cobb
    Team:
    GT
    So.. ..less juice?

3. gtchief

gtchief ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Loc:
    Alpharetta
    Team:
    GT
    You take their juice boxes away and make them think about what they've done

4. beej67

beej67 new around here Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    the smouldering hellscape of east cobb
    Team:
    GT
    Oh hell, I've got it figured out.

We ducked this game on purpose so we could tell recruits they'd get more playing time.

The genius is in the juice. I love it. This is the new narrative.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JacketForLife

Loc:
    Your Head
    Team:
    Ramblin' Wreck
    It’s not like last year’s team was super disciplined, prepared to play, or didn’t put up any embarrassing performances.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I watched Total Access : Louisville the other day on ACCN. Could have been out staff, same script, eerily familiar. Seeking to build that "family" atmosphere, band of brothers, accountability.

7. Ed Sawyer

Ed Sawyer I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.

Loc:
    New York City
    Team:
    Ma Tech
    27-24 Citadel. You can ignore that fact, but you can't erase it.

8. JacketForLife

Loc:
    Your Head
    Team:
    Ramblin' Wreck
    Now do UCF with Scott Frost.

9. FLTech

FLTech Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    Florida
    Team:
    GT
    Come on man!! He's doing the best he can with the crap he has. Our offense sucks... bottom line. Coach P is not very good

10. GoGATech

GoGATech Big Dummy

Loc:
    GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Also:
    Alabama:
    2006 class rank 13
    2007 class rank 12
    2007 --->lose to 4-6 ULM
    2008 class rank 3
    2009 class rank 3 National Champions

11. GoGATech

GoGATech Big Dummy

Loc:
    GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    How close are you to the program? All you likely see is the the social media. How do you know how much focus was given to the Citadel? Granted I do believe we didn't give them enough respect and that's on the coaches, but you likely have zero idea how much time and effort is put into each of these things you note. Yeah he has his talking points and buzz words, but all the social media crap he has somebody do for him other than his own personal Twitter account. It's not like our coaches are out there doing nothing but tweeting waffle house all day.

12. BrentwoodJacket

BrentwoodJacket Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Is there a list of the 85 players on scholarship? Anyone who is on scholarship, eligible to play and is not ATL is a strong candidate for the transfer portal. If you can not play now, you will not play next year.

13. GoGATech

GoGATech Big Dummy

Loc:
    GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don't know the whole story and we likely never will know the entire truth behind it but pertaining to the clock management issue, from what I've heard from numerous sources is that the coaches on the sidelines were told that the clock would start on the snap. The coaches are typically notified prior to the white hat's announcement to the stadium. Coaches likely were not paying attention to what was said then, rather they were coming up with a plan to execute a play or two for the win and/or call time out and kick the field goal if necessary. Everybody is saying the coaches should know the rule. I 100% agree and believe that as well, but haven't you seen referee's make mistakes before? If they tell CGC that the clock is going to start on the snap, should he say... "um no it's supposed to start on the ready for play." ? Hell no if they make a mistake in your favor you take it. I would always go by what the ref tells me rather than what I know the rule to be. I have also heard that the referee's apologized to CGC or someone on staff after the debacle for the false information. Usually where there's smoke, there's fire, so I'm sure there is some truth to all of that in there somewhere. Granted we shouldn't have been in that situation at all, but how many times have you seen P5 teams ALMOST lose to much lesser opponents only to win it last minute or very late? You never remember those, only the upsets where the underdog pulls it off. We were in the opportunity to prevent that and IMO the refs totally botched it for us.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Walton

Walton Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I agree with you that he should know the rules and it was a huge mistake but I don't blame him for the press conference. It is tough to get your mind in the right place after a game, it is an emotional game and I'm sure he thought he heard what he claimed and thought the ref made a big mistake that cost us the game so he was still mad and hadn't had time to cool off. Given that fact, it was pretty remarkable that he did compose himself and didn't say more.

I would give him a lot of credit if he comes back and says, I messed up and should have known the rule.

It was confusing because we had the "same" penalty back to back. On the first, we got the benefit and the clock started on the snap. On the second we didn't and even though it is the same rule, the situation changed and the clock starts on the ready for play signal. I actually would have assumed it was the same (both situations the clock starts on the snap) because a loss of 10 seconds is pretty huge.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Allen Koholic

Allen Koholic Likes dick drawings.

Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech, whoever is playing Georgia
    In two of your three examples, the head coach got replaced the next season. By your logic, history supports us ööööcanning Collins.

16. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    We should hire the guy who spearheaded that 2008 class.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Umm no. Carr retired (maybe similar to CPJ's exit in that regard) and Michigan proceeded to suck for several years. Muschamp and Rhule are still very much coaching at SC and Baylor.

Edit: Got the years confused with SC. Nonetheless, Carr was old and Michigan did not end up better off with his retirement, but their recruiting did not suffer (which is the point of this thread).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. gtleviathan

gtleviathan Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The Sweet Spot
    Team:
    Ga. Tech
    Sidenote: That ref was absolutely horrible.

I don't think he ever signaled that one Citadel touchdown and he clearly demonstrated he couldn't count to 12 on that botched illegal participation penalty.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ibeeballin

ibeeballin Dodd-Like

Loc:
    A-town
    Team:
    gt
    Research your facts again

• Like Like x 1
  20. RamblinWreck92

RamblinWreck92 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Shangri La
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    100% agreement. This staff looks unprepared and in over its head so far. Too many inexcusable mistakes. I get that LJ isn't a P5 QB and our OL is small and injured but like you said, basic Football 101 stuff like TOs and player discipline is 100% on the HC.