Is Godsey ready?

I don't think Georgia Tech football is attractive to a G5/FCS HC or a P5 coordinator specifically as a "stepping stone" job. It CAN be one if you're successful here. But, it's been 27 years since a HC here successfully moved on next to a better job ~20 if you give Tech full credit for O'Leary @ ND). Of the reasons to take the HC job here, using it as a stepping stone probably isn't high on the list. I am hoping that Godsey is still Gold Blooded and enjoyed his time at UCF and would want to help make Tech Football Great again...... if not we may just be in trouble..
I find it amazing how much Tech fans think that Georgia Tech sucks. We are in fertile recruiting grounds. We are in ATL, not cow town. We have experienced success in the past with <gasp> non-TO offenses. You would be the AD's guy. New facilities. Tech fans will love you if you make a bowl.

Aren’t you the guy who apologized to UGA fans because people were being mean on the internet?

sure was. do you think I give a flying öööö about what you clowns on here think about me?
As a coach I will not and have not ever celebrated a player getting injured. kiss my ass.

sure was. do you think I give a flying öööö about what you clowns on here think about me?
As a coach I will not and have not ever celebrated a player getting injured. kiss my ass.
Oh öööö. You’re an internet badass too.

Watch out everybody!

Oh öööö. You’re an internet badass too.

Watch out everybody!

as opposed to you mocking a player getting injured, and we both know you dont have the balls to say anything to his face?
you got me there, buddy.

as opposed to you mocking a player getting injured, and we both know you dont have the balls to say anything to his face?
you got me there, buddy.
Actually, I never said anything about a hurt player. I just think you’re a massive bitch.

He'll put in a system that kids actually want to play in. It will get better with the Goose.

Why do you even still post here? I thought everything we said offended you. You know about dead munson, acls etc. You belong with the hive or gtsportstalk.

Okay, fair enough. Still, it's not like the Patriots experienced a dropoff when he left. And he hasn't gotten another coordinator job.
That's true. But look at who Houston had as their QB's when he was the OC. I don't think Belichick would have been successful with that group.

Hmm well he was a coordinator at UCF while Stansbury was there, as it turns out, and now an OL coach at Bammer. I prefer HC experience, personally, but he probably gets an interview if we end up searching. Make a thread for him! lol. You may have found our Tech man.

Edit: That said, his offense at UCF was so awful it probably cost him the head job when O'Leary retired....

That’s why he gets an OC like many have asked for.

Guys your kidding yourself. Let’s take a poll and be very honest.

Your a 4-5 star high school kid In Georgia. You have zero ties to Georgia Tech except you see them on tv from time to time. Your dream is to play in the NFL. Your a average student at best, you are being recruited by Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, and other schools including Georgia Tech. At the present time Tech is coached by George Godsey and runs the same offense everyone else in the country runs. What school do you pick? If your honest GT is not even on your radar.

Guys I was a high school teacher and coach for 30 years. GT is not on the kids mind, it’s two hard for 90 percent of them and they want to play in the NFL not attend classes and actually have to study really hard. Shoot if the truth be known most of the kids playing college football could not get into the school there playing for if they were not football players. Some of you just don’t get that and Georgia tech doesn’t play.
We had a really good player one time at our school and coach came over and I asked him are you guys looking at ... his response was no, he can’t even get into Tech. That kid went to Auburn.

What's the other option they leave early because they suck and get fired? This is a good job, don't be mistaken.

We keep Paul Johnson till the 2022 Season is complete.

Would you rather teach Calculus at Tech, or at Georgia?

Guys your kidding yourself. Let’s take a poll and be very honest.

Your a 4-5 star high school kid In Georgia. You have zero ties to Georgia Tech except you see them on tv from time to time. Your dream is to play in the NFL. Your a average student at best, you are being recruited by Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, and other schools including Georgia Tech. At the present time Tech is coached by George Godsey and runs the same offense everyone else in the country runs. What school do you pick? If your honest GT is not even on your radar.

Guys I was a high school teacher and coach for 30 years. GT is not on the kids mind, it’s two hard for 90 percent of them and they want to play in the NFL not attend classes and actually have to study really hard. Shoot if the truth be known most of the kids playing college football could not get into the school there playing for if they were not football players. Some of you just don’t get that and Georgia tech doesn’t play.
We had a really good player one time at our school and coach came over and I asked him are you guys looking at ... his response was no, he can’t even get into Tech. That kid went to Auburn.
Please tell me you didn't teach English.

That’s why he gets an OC like many have asked for.

My preference is still for standout HC's from lower levels but Key is definitely the most intriguing of the Tech man options people are throwing around. A Saban assistant only making 400k and would surely take the gig. Could find us some big uglies for the line.

Back