Is Godsey ready?

What if Stansbury asked CPJ to hire Godsey as an OC, let him put some wrinkles in the TO, and set him up as HC-in-waiting?

Guys your kidding yourself. Let’s take a poll and be very honest.

Your a 4-5 star high school kid In Georgia. You have zero ties to Georgia Tech except you see them on tv from time to time. Your dream is to play in the NFL. Your a average student at best, you are being recruited by Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, and other schools including Georgia Tech. At the present time Tech is coached by George Godsey and runs the same offense everyone else in the country runs. What school do you pick? If your honest GT is not even on your radar.

Guys I was a high school teacher and coach for 30 years. GT is not on the kids mind, it’s two hard for 90 percent of them and they want to play in the NFL not attend classes and actually have to study really hard. Shoot if the truth be known most of the kids playing college football could not get into the school there playing for if they were not football players. Some of you just don’t get that and Georgia tech doesn’t play.
We had a really good player one time at our school and coach came over and I asked him are you guys looking at ... his response was no, he can’t even get into Tech. That kid went to Auburn.
POTD. Thanks coach Ptjackets. Now brace yourself for having the guts to post facts on a cfb msg brd. Btw, your 90% figure is very optimistic. Everyone seems to want Tech to sell ice to Eskimos in recruiting, but fail to recognize the bigger prob....... there aren't any Eskimos.

My preference is still for standout HC's from lower levels but Key is definitely the most intriguing of the Tech man options people are throwing around. A Saban assistant only making 400k and would surely take the gig. Could find us some big uglies for the line.
Key is not Tech's friend.

What if Stansbury asked CPJ to hire Godsey as an OC, let him put some wrinkles in the TO, and set him up as HC-in-waiting?

He wouldn't have to wait long, I bet. lol.

I could never see CPJ relinquishing any part of the offense. I'm sure he would retire first, but I definitely think we need some quarterback coaching that is not specifically TO based. Our guys have had some pretty bad technique and throwing footwork for the longest time.

Last edited:
hi-res-eeae90527ccd3989c086fc749d4cb4fc_crop_north.jpg
fark_7uGbGvQVqIeLIKu7Lh2dboT6iRM.gif

Guys your kidding yourself. Let’s take a poll and be very honest.

Your a 4-5 star high school kid In Georgia. You have zero ties to Georgia Tech except you see them on tv from time to time. Your dream is to play in the NFL. Your a average student at best, you are being recruited by Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, and other schools including Georgia Tech. At the present time Tech is coached by George Godsey and runs the same offense everyone else in the country runs. What school do you pick? If your honest GT is not even on your radar.

Guys I was a high school teacher and coach for 30 years. GT is not on the kids mind, it’s two hard for 90 percent of them and they want to play in the NFL not attend classes and actually have to study really hard. Shoot if the truth be known most of the kids playing college football could not get into the school there playing for if they were not football players. Some of you just don’t get that and Georgia tech doesn’t play.
We had a really good player one time at our school and coach came over and I asked him are you guys looking at ... his response was no, he can’t even get into Tech. That kid went to Auburn.
What your point???? We should close the football program??

Nah. Just because Curry, Ross, and O'Leary used the job as a step doesn't mean it is.
:eekfacepalm:

And the point? How many coaches stick with any school for 10+ years when they have a ton of success? Coaches leave for new jobs from all programs. There are not a lot of Bowdens and Beamers anymore. Hire the best candidate and hope they have as much success as possible. Maybe they'll like it and stay and maybe they'll chase another job. I simply do not understand why that is a concern or why it should be a factor in making a decision about an existing coach. With that said, Art and Kendal are waiting for a call...

I wouldn't have a problem with that. I wouldn't have a problem at all if PJ hired ANY OC to throw some wrinkles in our offense. Is Fridge available?

$490k this year. But same difference. Pay him $1.5M & maybe he clicks. Back in the day he was a great guy and he could certainly recruit, and he is a big ugly, and his best year at UCF he had a Canadian OC genius! Has some Saban grooming & learning, some Alabama recruiting creds, but desire to deal with the Hill & ST posers?

Brent Key for HC!

Mike Mackintyre inherited a mess and turned them into a 10 win team and his team this year will win 9 games at least. Sign me up. Godsey is a smart guy and would get good assitants, an NFL pedigree and he has worked in the college ranks. Those are my top two guys.

Mike Mackintyre inherited a mess and turned them into a 10 win team and his team this year will win 9 games at least. Sign me up. Godsey is a smart guy and would get good assitants, an NFL pedigree and he has worked in the college ranks. Those are my top two guys.
Here are his records at Colorado:

4-8
2-10
4-9
10-4
5-7

He's been there for 5 years and just went 5-7 and finished last place in the worst division in all of P5. Even in his 10 win season, he lost 41-10 in the Pac-12 title game and 38-8 in the bowl game.

We want to fire Johnson and hire this?

4-8
2-10
4-9
10-4
5-7

He's been there for 5 years and just went 5-7 and finished last place in the worst division in all of P5. Even in his 10 win season, he lost 41-10 in the Pac-12 title game and 38-8 in the bowl game.

No. Not in the least.

4-8
2-10
4-9
10-4
5-7

Noooope.gif.

But he played at Tech!
Then he should have known to not have anything to do with 5 down getting, öööö blocking call getting, national championship stealing Colorado. öööö the traitor.

Back