Is this what Chan Gailey was like?

Chan was one decent QB away from turning the corner with the talent he had at every other position. If he had Haynes King, he would have won multiple ACC championships.

Having the best WR in football doesn’t mean much if you have terrible QB’s
If he had Haynes King there is no proof Haynes would be as good as he is now.

Chan was one decent QB away from turning the corner with the talent he had at every other position. If he had Haynes King, he would have won multiple ACC championships.

Having the best WR in football doesn’t mean much if you have terrible QB’s
He was in charge of recruiting QB’s and couldn’t top Reggie Ball in six years

Are we really at the point where we equate road losses by 3 to Syracuse with a 5-star QB to Bowling Green at home? Really? Are we really saying this game was that bad? We played pretty badly, and they played very well. We have played in 3 cities thousands of miles apart in 3 weeks with no real cupcake game to start the year. Some people are really out to lunch about this Syracuse team. They made a bowl game last year with no QB.
If you want more than 6-6 or 7-5 you have to win games like today.

Are we really at the point where we equate road losses by 3 to Syracuse with a 5-star QB to Bowling Green at home? Really? Are we really saying this game was that bad? We played pretty badly, and they played very well. We have played in 3 cities thousands of miles apart in 3 weeks with no real cupcake game to start the year. Some people are really out to lunch about this Syracuse team. They made a bowl game last year with no QB.
Man, öööö Syracuse, I’ll believe it when I see it over a season. They’re still closer to Bowling Green than not.

JRjr

If you want more than 6-6 or 7-5 you have to win games like today.
We don’t know that at all. At this point, all we know is if we want an undefeated season you need to win this game.

A 6 year old King is better than Reggie Ball.
IMG_6015.gif

But Renfee committed to Gailey. Solid QB.
Yup. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Chan had more time with Renfree. I doubt anything would have changed because CCG lacked that killer instinct. It was almost always about gaining a minute lead and then making the defense hold onto it.

“IF” is what did Chan in and got him fired.
Everyone acts like Chan was here for a decade and couldn't get over the hump. It was 5 years. Yes, we lost a lot of close games, but we also had to deal with a significant portion of our team being declared ineligible and lost the most dynamic RB we had since ELI

I wish I could "Like" this twice.
Now, snowflake mods banhammer. I used to could fight with MsTechAnalysis and OldFoggy and it was fine. Then you became a big ööööing pussy with the board.

Father Time

Everyone acts like Chan was here for a decade and couldn't get over the hump. It was 5 years. Yes, we lost a lot of close games, but we also had to deal with a significant portion of our team being declared ineligible and lost the most dynamic RB we had since ELI

Well the university that snatched him up immediately after he was fired really showed us... oh yeah. thats right.

Well the university that snatched him up immediately after he was fired really showed us... oh yeah. thats right.
He coached in the NFL. IIRC, he was no longer interested in coaching college ball.

Back