Is this what Chan Gailey was like?

Now, snowflake mods banhammer. I used to could fight with MsTechAnalysis and OldFoggy and it was fine. Then you became a big ööööing pussy with the board.

Father Time

which alt is @BarrelORum using these days.. he can tell us all about Gailey. I am almost positive he sat behind us at games and ravaged Gailey

Everyone acts like Chan was here for a decade and couldn't get over the hump. It was 5 years. Yes, we lost a lot of close games, but we also had to deal with a significant portion of our team being declared ineligible and lost the most dynamic RB we had since ELI
6 years.

He put up 6 points against Wake Forest with Calvin Johnson and Tashard Choice on his team. That was everything you need to know

Everyone acts like Chan was here for a decade and couldn't get over the hump. It was 5 years. Yes, we lost a lot of close games, but we also had to deal with a significant portion of our team being declared ineligible and lost the most dynamic RB we had since ELI
Chan was a solid coach and always had us competitive. I’ve got no ill will towards the man, whatsoever. That being said, when CPJ came in and immediately beat UGA and then won the ACC with Chan’s players, it validated what most of us already knew - he wasn’t the guy to get us “over the hump.”

I know that he brought in the 07 class and never got to really benefit from it, but the reality is that he already had a loaded team in 2006 and wasted it. He had a damn good defense, an NFL RB, and ARGUABLY THE BEST WR OF ALL TIME, and managed to choke against Wake in one of the weakest ACCs before or since. He wasn’t the guy.

6 years.

He put up 6 points against Wake Forest with Calvin Johnson and Tashard Choice on his team. That was everything you need to know
Wanna tell me how CPJ did against Gardner Webb? We only won because Dwyer broke a play. MTSU? 2014 Duke?

We’re not talking about CPJ? We’re talking about Gailey.
And you're bringing up his failures and conveniently ignoring the failures of CPJ because he beat UGAg in 2008 with talent Gailey brought in. That was the high point of talent we have had since 2008

And you're bringing up his failures and conveniently ignoring the failures of CPJ because he beat UGAg in 2008 with talent Gailey brought in. That was the high point of talent we have had since 2008
What the öööö are you talking about? I was agreeing with you and then you took this whole “CCG was shortchanged!!!” approach.

Man, öööö Syracuse, I’ll believe it when I see it over a season. They’re still closer to Bowling Green than not.

JRjr
They should have a good record at the end of season. Many here will say quality loss but their ACC schedule is crap and their OC schedule is worse.

He also built a great roster that he couldn’t coach to good seasons.

For the young people. the Way of Chan means you will win 1 you should not, then lose 2-3 you should win, then lose to uga. but have no fear, in the end it will balance out to 7-6 or 8-5 season, get a öööö bowl.. every f'ing year, EVERY F'ING YEAR. Don't look for that awesome season every 3 years we got under CPJ..

The Way of Chan means 7 guaranteed wins, 5 guaranteed losses (one of which must be uga), no conference championships but always a bowl.

You may assemble the above into a season however you would like. Say you wanted to beat an #3 Miami team at their place so badly they tailspin into two decades of futility, done. You have to balance that with a record setting lose to VT squandering the best offensive weapon Tech has ever had.

The Way of Chan means 7 guaranteed wins, 5 guaranteed losses (one of which must be uga), no conference championships but always a bowl.

You may assemble the above into a season however you would like. Say you wanted to beat an #3 Miami team at their place so badly they tailspin into two decades of futility, done. You have to balance that with a record setting lose to VT squandering the best offensive weapon Tech has ever had.
Calvin was our most valuable decoy.

Back