Is this what Chan Gailey was like?

Calvin came to GT about 5 years too late. Imagine Calvin at GT from 98-2000 with Joe, Kelly Campbell, and Godsey
IMG_6022.gif

He also didn’t pull Tony Hollings out against BYU after he tweaked his knee after rushing for 189 yards and he wound up tearing his ACL on the play he got put back in.

I’m not bitter.

Hollings said he was fine and asked to return to the game. Chan cannot be blamed for that.

You think there was more to get out of Bilbo, ball, suggs, Bennett, etc?
Yes. I did expect Ball's passing to improve from year to year. It never did. His completion percentage went the wrong direction. Threw as many INTs as TDs. Still had happy feet as a senior. Great hopes he would be a genuine dual threat like Shawn Jones or Joe Hamilton. Never happened. Maybe he peaked before ever stepping on campus. Gailey and Nix kept starting him, so I did expect them to develop him more.

To be fair, Key is 13-11 after all which definitely very Chanesque…

There was also the weird loss to Utah in the SF giants stadium where that one WR of theirs had like 250 yds against Tenuta’s defense.

Calvin came to GT about 5 years too late. Imagine Calvin at GT from 98-2000 with Joe, Kelly Campbell, and Godsey
In worse world he goes to UGAg. Just glad we got him and enjoyed his time here, unfortunately his out of this world talent never won him more than an ACC costal champion.

Clemson 2004 was magnificent and I'll never forget that, nor the spiderman catch against NC State.

I certainly miss the good ole days of the ACC round robin.

Back