Key ???

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Silly tradition.

I'm not into berating and name calling, but if we can't say Tariq has played poorly the last 2 years after playing very well in 2019, then what's the point of discussing football? Do the coaches single them out in the film room?

They're big boys. Life ain't fair and the world is mean.
Exactly. There's a difference between being constructive and being an asshole.

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
Kenny Cooper, I'm pretty certain, is using his extra year this season. I think he is on year 6, maybe.

We are going to need a few OL grad transfers. Hopefully there are some good ones we can get. We just don't have a promising OL, the way I see it, and need help.
Why would we not have promising OL, since Key got his top targets the last 2 classes? They will be So. and Jrs' next year and a lot of major programs have So. and Jr. starters on their OL. If we aren't even middle of the road in the ACC OL wise, then we are doing something wrong.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Why would we not have promising OL, since Key got his top targets the last 2 classes? They will be So. and Jrs' next year and a lot of major programs have So. and Jr. starters on their OL. If we aren't even middle of the road in the ACC OL wise, then we are doing something wrong.
Don't know, unless our S&C is gonna work miracles in the off-season.

I can't remember getting OL in numbers in decades. It was always one of the knocks on Chan. We just couldn't get OL.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Don't know, unless our S&C is gonna work miracles in the off-season.

I can't remember getting OL in numbers in decades. It was always one of the knocks on Chan. We just couldn't get OL.
Tech has always struggled to pull in big nasties in numbers on both sides of the ball.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Depth is the main reason that comes to mind

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
He's had three years, but not to just to "develop at least a halfway competitive LOS."

1. He had one month to recruit his first class of linemen.

2. He had one Spring to develop what he already had + what he'd managed to sign in #1.

3. He then got his first real recruiting class.

4. He's in year 3 of this effort with - at best - a bunch of Sophomores that learned to play OL via Zoom last year.

5. He deserves 5 years.
He may need 50.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
You mean fall on the ground in front of the guy across from you? What about pass pro? We’re they taught pass pro under Sewak?

I’m not saying Key is good. But your hindsight in regards to Sewak’s coaching is blind.
So is Key teaching them to bloc like they are on roller skates? Looks like it.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
So is Key teaching them to bloc like they are on roller skates? Looks like it.
I don't recall Bama's line being poor when he was there. In fact Bama seems to be able to plug and play coordinators as they leave the program and still get overwhelmingly good results. I wonder what the difference is?

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I don't recall Bama's line being poor when he was there. In fact Bama seems to be able to plug and play coordinators as they leave the program and still get overwhelmingly good results. I wonder what the difference is?

Who taught Shaq to dive on the turf? No one. I think most ground balls go over your head though.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Who taught Shaq to dive on the turf? No one. I think most ground balls go over your head though.
Why does every "GT system Fan" refer to ONE OLineman that left GT FB in 14 or 15(?)

We're heading towards 7 yrs after he used up his eligiblity, (Shaq is on his 2nd NFL Contract) why not refer to 2 OLs each year that played under the previous system that had big time success instead of name dropping Shaq Mason ad nauseum

1 OL that was "decent" from 2010 til 2018 isn't a lot to brag about.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Why does every "GT system Fan" refer to ONE OLineman that left GT FB in 14 or 15(?)

We're heading towards 7 yrs after he used up his eligiblity, (Shaq is on his 2nd NFL Contract) why not refer to 2 OLs each year that played under the previous system that had big time success instead of name dropping Shaq Mason ad nauseum

1 OL that was "decent" from 2010 til 2018 isn't a lot to brag about.
Big Nat Dorsey!