#KIFFIN2GT

What are you 10?
I'm actually 7 thank you very much. Come on you've done the whole routine by now. If someone is against CPJ you think they're 10 years old and then you ask if they are on drugs. It's so predictable

[QUOTE="Diseqc, post: 2123054, member: 4721 Gailey was fired dude he only had one good recruiting yr at Tech.

I'm actually 7 thank you very much. Come on you've done the whole routine by now. If someone is against CPJ you think they're 10 years old and then you ask if they are on drugs. It's so predictable
I will not waste my time posting with a idiot, I'm done!

That’s one more than Johnson.
Gailey never beat Ga. He never won 4 division championships. He never was coach of the yr once let alone 3 times. There is no comparison between the two coaches.

Gailey never beat Ga. He never won 4 division championships. He never was coach of the yr once let alone 3 times. There is no comparison between the two coaches.
Gailey never only won 3 games. Gailey never lost 3 out of 4 to Duke. Gailey never broke a 20 year bowl game streak. Gailey never lost to Middle Tennessee State. Gailey never employed his best friend for the sole purpose of a middle finger to the fan base. There is no comparison between the two coaches.

Gailey never only won 3 games. Gailey never lost 3 out of 4 to Duke. Gailey never broke a 20 year bowl game streak. Gailey never lost to Middle Tennessee State. Gailey never employed his best friend for the sole purpose of a middle finger to the fan base. There is no comparison between the two coaches.
How about some rationality here. No, Tech isn’t about to hire, or even interest, a guy like Kiffin. And Johnson probably isn’t going anywhere soon. My line on all this has always been, with some of the challenges that recruiting and winning at Tech that are present, I would like to eventually see what a younger and more innovative coach could. PJ doesn’t do himself or the program a favor with his attitude and demeanor. And a lot of kids, particularly from the metro area, really could handle the academics. But many of these kids don’t consider Tech either because of the coach and or the system he implements.

How about some rationality here. No, Tech isn’t about to hire, or even interest, a guy like Kiffin. And Johnson probably isn’t going anywhere soon. My line on all this has always been, with some of the challenges that recruiting and winning at Tech that are present, I would like to eventually see what a younger and more innovative coach could. PJ doesn’t do himself or the program a favor with his attitude and demeanor. And a lot of kids, particularly from the metro area, really could handle the academics. But many of these kids don’t consider Tech either because of the coach and or the system he implements.

Too long asswipe

Any coach that beats Ga is my kind of coach. Duke didn't have David C. coaching back then for them.

Duke never went to A Acc championship. You could just show up and beat them before DC became there coach. The great Al was the reason we lost to Middle Tennessee st. How many division championships did Gailey win? I'll tell you it was 0. So yes Gailey was not half the coach PJ is. How many times did Gailey beat Ga. They my friend was 0 also!

The problem with that is where is that young coach you are talking about. No there are not a lot of kids in the metro area that can get in Tech. That statement right there shows that a lot of people don't have a clue about how hard it is to recruit at Tech. The talent pool in Ga for Tech is very small. 90% or more of the players ga recruits couldn't even get into Tech.

The problem with that is where is that young coach you are talking about. No there are not a lot of kids in the metro area that can get in Tech. That statement right there shows that a lot of people don't have a clue about how hard it is to recruit at Tech. The talent pool in Ga for Tech is very small. 90% or more of the players ga recruits couldn't even get into Tech.
I think you overestimate things a bit. Do you really believe that there are 85 scholarship kids on the roster that are elite academically? There are high achieving kids in the area that go to Stanford, Notre Dame, and other schools who could most certainly get into Tech. I never said Tech is going to recruit some of the kids that UGA recruits. I don’t know what you are looking for here? You seem to want to argue with anyone who doesn’t think Johnson is the answer, or that Tech is almost impossible academically

Such a pathetic attempt. Chan vs. Duke 2003... smashed 41-17 “Duke (3-7, 1-5) had not won an ACC game since beating Wake Forest 48-35 on Nov. 13, 1999, a league-record losing streak of 30 games.“ Absolute garbage comparison.

Obviously, CPJ is the only person who could ever coach at GT. When he retires we just need to give up the sport.

And if winning the ACC Coastal our goal, prepare for the program to drop as low as it can go.

Obviously, CPJ is the only person who could ever coach at GT. When he retires we just need to give up the sport.

And if winning the ACC Coastal our goal, prepare for the program to drop as low as it can go.

Agreed. Alabama doesn't need to win their division to win championships, we shouldn't need to win ours.

Nobody says that. What some of us suggest is that when we just had to double our recruiting staff size just to match the likes of Duke, maybe conference titles and playoff appearances aren't a fair benchmark for which to judge the current coach's performance. "Wanting it more" and not "settling for mediocrity" are great catchphrases, which mean nothing without real investment into the program and an AD that is willing to do the work. Personally, I would like to see what a coach who has taken us to 2 orange bowls can do with a bigger budget, staff and a decent uniform provider.

Any coach that beats Ga is my kind of coach. Duke didn't have David C. coaching back then for them.

Duke never went to A Acc championship. You could just show up and beat them before DC became there coach. The great Al was the reason we lost to Middle Tennessee st. How many division championships did Gailey win? I'll tell you it was 0. So yes Gailey was not half the coach PJ is. How many times did Gailey beat Ga. They my friend was 0 also!
Gaily did win a division championship in 2006 followed by by the thrilling ACCCG against WF. We were 4-4 in conference for 4 seasons and 5-3 in one.

Ok so lets not try at all. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

The only way we get consistently in the top 20 in recruiting is to pull Hugh Freeze type shenanigans. So yes, I am part of problem if that is the route you want to go down.

Bobby Ross was out recruited by UGA every year he was here and he did ok.

I think you overestimate things a bit. Do you really believe that there are 85 scholarship kids on the roster that are elite academically? There are high achieving kids in the area that go to Stanford, Notre Dame, and other schools who could most certainly get into Tech. I never said Tech is going to recruit some of the kids that UGA recruits. I don’t know what you are looking for here? You seem to want to argue with anyone who doesn’t think Johnson is the answer, or that Tech is almost impossible academically
The talent pool for Ga Tech in Georgia is very shallow! If you don't believe that listen to the coaches now and coaches in the past. You don't have to believe it but it is true. Our basketball coach was even addressing the problem. I have been a tech fan for quite a while and that has always been a problem in recruiting. Count how many kids that went to Stanford , Notre Same etc from Ga that went to these schools and you want need both hands!
Gaily did win a division championship in 2006 followed by by the thrilling ACCCG against WF. We were 4-4 in conference for 4 seasons and 5-3 in one.
The ACC is 3 times the conference now than it was when old Chan was coaching. Chan would have been lucky to win any ACC games now!!

Back