#KIFFIN2GT

I think you overestimate things a bit. Do you really believe that there are 85 scholarship kids on the roster that are elite academically? There are high achieving kids in the area that go to Stanford, Notre Dame, and other schools who could most certainly get into Tech. I never said Tech is going to recruit some of the kids that UGA recruits. I don’t know what you are looking for here? You seem to want to argue with anyone who doesn’t think Johnson is the answer, or that Tech is almost impossible academically
As of right now Stanford has 3 players from Ga on their entire roster. Notre Dame has a whooping 2 players from Ga on their roster. Wow Ga is just crawling with smart kids!! You have no clue about what you are talking about dude. P J is the best fit for Ga Tech whether you think so or not, deal with it!! I am just stating the facts!

Gaily did win a division championship in 2006 followed by by the thrilling ACCCG against WF. We were 4-4 in conference for 4 seasons and 5-3 in one.
Wow Chan went 4-4 in conference and 5-3 one yr. Wow he was tearing it
Gaily did win a division championship in 2006 followed by by the thrilling ACCCG against WF. We were 4-4 in conference for 4 seasons and 5-3 in one.
Paul Johnson finished 1st or 2 and in coastal 6 yrs. Only finished below 3 rd two yrs. Chain didn't come close to any of that!

The only way we get consistently in the top 20 in recruiting is to pull Hugh Freeze type shenanigans. So yes, I am part of problem if that is the route you want to go down.

Bobby Ross was out recruited by UGA every year he was here and he did ok.
Ok if we are top 20 we would still be out recruited by uga.

As of right now Stanford has 3 players from Ga on their entire roster. Notre Dame has a whooping 2 players from Ga on their roster. Wow Ga is just crawling with smart kids!! You have no clue about what you are talking about dude. P J is the best fit for Ga Tech whether you think so or not, deal with it!! I am just stating the facts!
Done with this with you. You seem to have all the answers. Have a nice day

CPJ's retirement is impending. He wants to move back home to NC and grow tomatoes and fish. Maybe two more years.

Obviously, CPJ is the only person who could ever coach at GT. When he retires we just need to give up the sport.

And if winning the ACC Coastal our goal, prepare for the program to drop as low as it can go.
Who would you hire?

The problem with that is where is that young coach you are talking about. No there are not a lot of kids in the metro area that can get in Tech. That statement right there shows that a lot of people don't have a clue about how hard it is to recruit at Tech. The talent pool in Ga for Tech is very small. 90% or more of the players ga recruits couldn't even get into Tech.
Wrong. The talent pool in Georgia for Georgia Tech is more than adequate if we recruited better. I am sure you are correct, it is difficult to recruit at Tech, but it is difficult to recruit every where. Clempsen and LSU don't get every kid they try for. If you took a survey of high school coaches in the Metro area, I bet you would find Paul Johnson on the persona non grata list for the majority of them. We aren't recruiting the way we should, and on top of that, our scheme is just one more albacore around our necks.

Wrong. The talent pool in Georgia for Georgia Tech is more than adequate if we recruited better. I am sure you are correct, it is difficult to recruit at Tech, but it is difficult to recruit every where. Clempsen and LSU don't get every kid they try for. If you took a survey of high school coaches in the Metro area, I bet you would find Paul Johnson on the persona non grata list for the majority of them. We aren't recruiting the way we should, and on top of that, our scheme is just one more albacore around our necks.

*albatross

Do you have a copy of this persona non grata list? I’ve never heard of GT being unwelcome at any high school.

FAU is not Ga Tech dude. 95% of their players couldn't even get in Tech. You guys are not being realistic about Ga Tech. Recruiting is brutal and it is hard to win here. Since Bobby Dodd PJ is about the only coach that has won long term at Tech! If he would have had a AD like TS, their is no telling what he would have done. I would like for him to stay another 10!!!!!!

Nice post Van

I'm pretty sure virtually every high school coach is thrilled when one of his players gets a Power 5 offer from anyone. You have zero evidence for this claim.

Don't get in a pissing

I back up what I say with facts, not horse öööö!
Just for the record, how old are you? I am almost 60 years old and have followed Tech football since a mere infant. In fact, I am currently working on a book centered around my forever hero, Coach Dodd.

I am very well aware of limitations Tech has and has always had as far as recruiting. I also knew a bunch of football players over the years who were adequate students and nothing more. If you want to believe the state of Georgia offers only a small handfull of players that Tech can recruit, then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. No, Tech can’t/doesn’t recruit some of the dunces that UGA recruits, and that has always been the case. But every year, there are a number of 4 star and higher players in the state of Georgia that if you will look at their Rivals recruiting page, they have commitable offers from Tech. You are big on facts, go look them up.

As I said, everyone is entitled to what they think. But goIng around selling yourself as an encyclopedia of facts when you are merely stating your opinion is a fool’s errand.

Back