Last year on the CPJ bandwagon

If we were to fire cpj now we would automatically sign ourself up for 2-3 years of horrible days on the flats. We can not run any other offense but the Paul Johnson spread. And lord knows we can't depend on the defense to win us games. Our best option is to give the man a little leeway. I personally think he's about turn The corner again. He's got talent at the right spots

This will happen either way. 1 year, 2 years it don't matter....

I'm glad my favorite poster mr. Wesley made it clear....this is a put up or shut up year and if you can't see through the wrong shade of gold glasses...well SORRY

Awesome. We'll flounder for a year or two while the new coach gets everyone on board with his system. Then, that coach, if he's good, will have a few successful seasons before the recruiting limitations of Tech catch up with him and we're right back here. Rinse. Repeat.

How much better than floundering are we doing now?

How much better than floundering are we doing now?

Since Ross, when have we done better than now? O'Leary had luck against some bonehead coaching at UGAg. Other than that ... Rinse. Repeat.

Just wanted to make it official.

The guy just hired Ted Roof. I'm done.

You're kidding yourself. You're not done, you're not even half baked. And to answer your original question, Jemea Thomas is pure football player.:rolleyes:

Since Ross, when have we done better than now? O'Leary had luck against some bonehead coaching at UGAg. Other than that ... Rinse. Repeat.

Didn't you answer your own question? We were more successful under O'Leary and based upon the last three years, just as successful under Gailey. You're just still butthurt that Lewis was fired.

Another thing....I'm not sure why people are dismissing VT or Miami, 2 teams way more talented than GT. if we win the coastal, it will be because of a highly talented QB.

Didn't you answer your own question? We were more successful under O'Leary and based upon the last three years, just as successful under Gailey. You're just still butthurt that Lewis was fired.

Sorry, you're wrong. We were no better under either CGO or CCG than we are now. Other than O'Leary's success against some poorly-coached Georgie teams, no better.

Being a threat in the ACC is not the same as being a good team anymore. We were ahead in every regular season ACC game in the 4th quarter last year. It wouldn't have been a stretch to go undefeated last year in the conference despite all of our shortcomings.

It won't take a lot of improvement to have a better record this year in the ACC. But all that means is that we are in the bottom half of the Top 25 at best.

CPJ only has one coaching change he should have already made and then things should improve. We need a new O Line coach.

Sorry, you're wrong. We were no better under either CGO or CCG than we are now. Other than O'Leary's success against some poorly-coached Georgie teams, no better.

And we should treat CPJ the same....the bottom line is CPJ has some serious talent at the QB level, only problem is you need serious talent at all offensive levels for his o to work at a BCS level. Can it work with the changes he's making? Maybe, but his leash is short at this moment.

What were their records over the last three years of their time? Were they better than the 21-19 that CPJ has accumulated? O'Leary inherited crap and Gailey was screwed by flunkgate. Johnson had a much better situation to start out with. He hasn't gone Lewis on us, but the velocity vector isn't in the right direction.

What were their records over the last three years of their time? Were they better than the 21-19 that CPJ has accumulated? O'Leary inherited crap and Gailey was screwed by flunkgate. Johnson had a much better situation to start out with. He hasn't gone Lewis on us, but the velocity vector isn't in the right direction.

If you can't/don't/won't see how the football landscape has changed in the last 15 years, there's no use arguing with you.

FWIW, I do expect marked improvement this year. I'll wager a bottle of your choice of whiskey on a 10-win season.

If you can't/don't/won't see how the football landscape has changed in the last 15 years, there's no use arguing with you.

FWIW, I do expect marked improvement this year. I'll wager a bottle of your choice of whiskey on a 10-win season.

Explain how the football landscape in the ACC has changed over the last 15 years. We've lost to Middle Tennessee and Kansas. The ACC should be even easier to win more games in now than in the late '90's. I'm not going to bet against my alma mater (besides, you'd give me the bourbon anyways). I expect a turnaround, but the last few years give me doubt and I'd bet Johnson would even admit that I have reason to have it.

I'm sick of watching the pipsqueaks on Paul Johnson's teams getting pushed around and body slammed by football players of substantial size. It used to not happen....even when we did go 7-5 (like we did in this video) but I guarantee you we weren't pushed around in the UGA game that year.

That much is true, Tech played some pretty good Georgia teams close in '04, '05 (they actually won an SEC title that year) and '07. The difference is obviously defensive play. For all of their hype, the Georgia teams now aren't world-beaters. Also, they have a ööööing flaming ööögot at DC.

The recruiting last year was indeed atrocious. Losing guys name "Tolando" to Piss State is just sad.

It is getting to put up or shut up time.

Agree that it's put up or shut up time. He staked his job on the Roof hire. Seat is warming and if no results in 13, 14 will be his last if there isn't a remarkable season. It doesn't matter how good your QB is if he has no one to throw to and this front 4 will need to have some younger guys step up and vets to play like vets. Defense top to bottom is average and is more suited to the 4-3. Back 7 should be good and o-line should be good. A backs wrs and d-line are the biggest areas of concern right now...bback by committee needs to get 2k yards and a backs need 1k and 500 receiving. Wr needs 1000 + receiving combined. QB needs 1000 rushing and 1500-2000 passing. All that gets done and defense plays slightly above avg and we'll win 10+ games. These are close to numbers put up in 2009 btw

You mean those pussies who choked? They were 12 yards from dick.

Hell, you sound like Georgia fan.

Yeah, they choked. That Alabama team was just a bunch of bums. The idiots on this board make me laugh.

UGA was the 2nd best team in the nation last year. We weren't even the 2nd best team in our division. You could argue that we weren't the 2nd best team in our state.

Dude has one bad year and you guys freak. He won 8 games the year before, which is above average for GT pre-Johnson. Year before that he lost 3 of his last 4 with his back-up QB. I think he gets a pass there considering the games were pretty close even without Nesbitt. Last two years are more about him struggling to put together a recruiting class his first year. Those guys are gone now and better players are here.
You say we can't get a good RB. Well we just got Custis.

As for the munchkin land comment, we have a WR who is 6'5 228, a B-back who is 6' 222 an A-back who is 6'2 215 and yea we have Godhigh but the kid can play I don't care how big he is and he would beat your ass any day of the week. Our starting OL are all 290 plus and average about 6'3. Our defense is going to be filled with guys built for a 3-4 which makes us a big 4-3 defense. Hunt-Days is 6'3 252. There's your ööööing monster.

In conclusion, STFU and get out.

Yeah, they choked. That Alabama team was just a bunch of bums. The idiots on this board make me laugh.

UGA was the 2nd best team in the nation last year. We weren't even the 2nd best team in our division. You could argue that we weren't the 2nd best team in our state.

You know what makes me laugh? The ööögot pricks on this board who can't understand a simple point. If anything, I'm agreeing with you miserable öööös.

The '07 UGA was good team as well and even they didn't push around a very average GT team.

And, yes, UGA choked again last year, just like they always do when a championship is on the line. I never called Bama a bunch of bums, you waste of human life.

Back