Last year on the CPJ bandwagon

I think CPJ has the ship in the right direction. There have been some ups and downs since he got to TECH, but give the man credit. When he sees a problem he attempts to correct the problem. He has hired the special teams coordinator, he has hired defensive coaches. The Groh experiment was a failure and I think he learned from that. Roof is a good coach and Pelton is a very good coach. I feel that you will see a dramatic improvement on the defensive side. On offense, TECH has some real talent. The Andrews kid is lighting fast. JT and Vad will have very good years. The B-Back position is stacked right now. The only position that is weak is wide receiver and if we are lucky and don't lose any kids to injury the starters will be good. As for the size thing, Johnson thinks speed trumps size and I agree.

Again, 2010 is your outlier with the backup QB. Take that out and he is 38 in Sagarin and 30 in Massey. Also having a hard time seeing how the 08 team was ranked 46th. Really?
It wasn't the back-up that lost to Kansas.

You are probably right that it was an outlier though. I expect us to be at least top 40 this year and continue that upward trend.

Once again we see SGA_Jacket defending UGA and trashing Tech.

I think we have a talented team. It won't be easy to do, but I think we'll get 9 wins, and I think we have a pretty good shot at making it back to the ACC Championship game. I also think we were clearly the best team in the Coastal last year with 2 OT losses against good teams and a good showing in the ACCCG.

Yeah, those two teams we lost to were great. VT was really good at 6-6 and Miami was incredible with their great defense.

Sorry but when someone says something stupid I'm going to call them out.

Im just glad this thread got started so early...and just in time to call for CPJ's head after we lose Friday night. :cool:

tumblr_melc6fudVs1qddjb4o1_500.gif

Interesting factoid:

In Chan's last two games against UGA as HC his defense forced as many punts (12) as CPJ's have in his five against them.

In the last game against UGA Chan's defense forced four punts in the first half. In five games against UGA Paul's defense has forced only 3 first half punts.

We used to match them physically. Now we're their little bitches.

That's about your mind set.

The thing I think funny is looking at the number of members of StingTalk. Not that many really. Then, look at the number of active posters. Not that many.

It's gotten where every post becomes what you've stated above. Nothing fun about that at all to most GT fans. Just to the idiots that don't have anything else to do.

Then go somewhere else. Who is forcing you to read ST?

That's about your mind set.

The thing I think funny is looking at the number of members of StingTalk. Not that many really. Then, look at the number of active posters. Not that many.

It's gotten where every post becomes what you've stated above. Nothing fun about that at all to most GT fans. Just to the idiots that don't have anything else to do.

Dude, go to GT sports talk. 10x better read for GT football. Even the new gt recruiting site is way better for discussions than this place.

Anyone who knows football knows that the ACC of 10 years ago was far superior to the cabbage patch kids conference that it has become. The ACC is a joke. Yet for some reason people want to compare a 7-5 team in the GOL ACC to an 8-5 team in the mickey mouse conference.

Last year's team would have struggled to win 2 games in the pre-sex-change ACC. Exhibit A: we are humiliated by MTSU at Grant Field, yet we are still able to play in the ACC-CG. That's a reflection on the conference, not our team's inconsistency. Yes, we won a bowl game last year. That is the one shining moment. Like the OP, I give it one more year.

Did OP really get away with claiming that we would never get beaten down in 2005? I honestly thought this thread was a troll for a while, but I realize now that it's not.

Does 51-7 sound familiar? VT obliterated us in 2005, and friggin Utah beat us 38-10 in the bowl game. Don't act like this never used to happen. Letdown games are not a new thing - when we (GT) don't come to play against a more talented team, we get killed. That's how it always has been.

The size thing is a joke, too. Because two NFL bound UGA players slammed two of our guys, that must mean we suck, right? I'd be willing to bet that this is actually one of the biggest teams we've had in a long time, across the board.

Fact is, PJ's got ~2 years to show us that 7-8 win seasons are not the norm for him, and then he's out. I personally think he's one of the best coaches we could possibly ever get, and maybe THE best coach we could get and actually keep, but eventually excuses and rationales and explanations don't mean anything and the results take precedence. 7-7 is not acceptable. He has a team full of his own players now with some legit talent at QB, so it's time to WIN.

Dude, go to GT sports talk. 10x better read for GT football. Even the new gt recruiting site is way better for discussions than this place.

Yes. 10x better read if you like BeeBad style forums reads.

Just because he keeps changing the name doesn't mean it's not bbuzzoff.

I'll ask you the same question. If other forums are so great why do you keep coming back here?

What???? Dave Braine just gave Paul Hewitt a never-ending contract???? I'm outta here...

Back