Last year on the CPJ bandwagon

Dude, go to GT sports talk. 10x better read for GT football. Even the new gt recruiting site is way better for discussions than this place.

Once you come to the realization that 99.9% of the posters, including yourself don't no öööö about football, then you will realize this site is so much better than that dumpster fire.

Dude has one bad year and you guys freak. He won 8 games the year before, which is above average for GT pre-Johnson. Year before that he lost 3 of his last 4 with his back-up QB. I think he gets a pass there considering the games were pretty close even without Nesbitt. Last two years are more about him struggling to put together a recruiting class his first year. Those guys are gone now and better players are here.
You say we can't get a good RB. Well we just got Custis.

As for the munchkin land comment, we have a WR who is 6'5 228, a B-back who is 6' 222 an A-back who is 6'2 215 and yea we have Godhigh but the kid can play I don't care how big he is and he would beat your ass any day of the week. Our starting OL are all 290 plus and average about 6'3. Our defense is going to be filled with guys built for a 3-4 which makes us a big 4-3 defense. Hunt-Days is 6'3 252. There's your ööööing monster.

In conclusion, STFU and get out.

Not if I put my hand on top of his head.

Anyone who knows football knows that the ACC of 10 years ago was far superior to the cabbage patch kids conference that it has become. The ACC is a joke. Yet for some reason people want to compare a 7-5 team in the GOL ACC to an 8-5 team in the mickey mouse conference.

You mean the 2002 ACC, where only two teams had less than 5 losses, and the champion still had 3?

Or maybe you mean 2003, where three teams had less than 5 losses, and the champion also had 3?

No? Well what about 2001, in the mighty "GOL ACC"? Looks like Maryland went 10-2 but everyone else had 4+ losses, We were the 2nd or 3rd best team even with 5 losses, including one to 5-7 Virginia.

The ACC is still the same öööö conference it has been since the early 90's. The only difference is that Florida State dropped off. Just like before, we always have one or two teams that jump up into the top 15-20, but they don't actually contend. Really, next year's ACC might be one of the best in a while if both Clemson and FSU become legit contenders.

The other difference is perception of the SEC. Every other conference is just viewed as inferior now, unfortunately.

You mean the 2002 ACC, where only two teams had less than 5 losses, and the champion still had 3?

Or maybe you mean 2003, where three teams had less than 5 losses, and the champion also had 3?

No? Well what about 2001, in the mighty "GOL ACC"? Looks like Maryland went 10-2 but everyone else had 4+ losses, We were the 2nd or 3rd best team even with 5 losses, including one to 5-7 Virginia.

The ACC is still the same öööö conference it has been since the early 90's. The only difference is that Florida State dropped off. Just like before, we always have one or two teams that jump up into the top 15-20, but they don't actually contend. Really, next year's ACC might be one of the best in a while if both Clemson and FSU become legit contenders.

The other difference is perception of the SEC. Every other conference is just viewed as inferior now, unfortunately.

Dude. You obviously don't "know football" if you're going to bring stats and stuff into this discussion.

original.gif

How could you bring that up at a time like this?!?!

Dude, go to GT sports talk. 10x better read for GT football. Even the new gt recruiting site is way better for discussions than this place.

Awesome. Now we have forum wars being drug into this thread. This may be the best football forum thread of the offseason.

The site which I choose to frequent most often among sports fan sites is superior in sports-knowledge to the site which you choose to frequent most often among sports fan sites, therefor I am a superior sports fan. Socially, this confers a higher status on myself, which will make me more attractive to women and more competitive in the job market than you. Because I am superior in this way, it is likely that I am superior in other ways as well. I will eventually take your job and your woman, both of which I will use to create and raise superior children while you die a cold lonely death. Enjoy being a sad evolutionary footnote, inferior board dweller.

Awesome. Now we have forum wars being drug into this thread. This may be the best football forum thread of the offseason.

I knew I was missing something in my stereotype breakdown.

I'm so ashamed of myself.

The site which I choose to frequent most often among sports fan sites is superior in sports-knowledge to the site which you choose to frequent most often among sports fan sites, therefor I am a superior sports fan. Socially, this confers a higher status on myself, which will make me more attractive to women and more competitive in the job market than you. Because I am superior in this way, it is likely that I am superior in other ways as well. I will eventually take your job and your woman, both of which I will use to create and raise superior children while you die a cold lonely death. Enjoy being a sad evolutionary footnote, inferior board dweller.

Once you come to the realization that 99.9% of the posters, including yourself don't no öööö about football, then you will realize this site is so much better than that dumpster fire.

I don't post on that site but you're right. The guys on this site know football. Just in this topic alone we've heard great insight like:

-VT and Miami were good teams last year. Laughable.
-UGA sucks at football.

But yeah, you guys know football. The only honest and knowledgeable posters on here are 33jacket and BOR but they rarely post. And me of course.

I don't post on that site but you're right. The guys on this site know football. Just in this topic alone we've heard great insight like:

-UGA sucks at football.

But yeah, you guys know football. The only honest and knowledgeable posters on here are 33jacket and BOR but they rarely post. And me of course.

BOR?

Ha. Stop trolling dipshit.

-UGA sucks at football.

I was referring to any GT sports talk forum, including this one.

Yeah, sorry you didn't make the list. You don't bring much to the table.

I bring not calling the best WR in the game a "mediocre pro" and then backtracking claiming I was trolling when that looks like the dumbest comment ever by a "football knowledge" guy.

But hey. He calls people dumbasses. That seems to be about your level of intelligence.

by good teams I meant good teams within the Coastal division. 2 OT losses to Duke and UVA last year would not have mattered as far as being considered a "good team within the division" is concerned. I was specifically arguing against the claim you made that we were not the best team in our division perhaps even 2nd best.

Considering the two other teams in contention were UNC and Miami one of which benefitted from us giving them a safety and the ball (only to eventually collapse and fall in OT), the other of which we beat in their own place...I'd say it's safe to say we were the best team in the Coastal.

We did not need OT to beat BC like VPI did and we lost to VPI in OT at their place while they still had their best WR available, and we were down a few starters on defense.

We had the same record as Miami but played even with them through regulation (including our gift 2 points), and played FSU just as well if not better.

We beat UNC by 18 in UNC in regulation, so I think it's safe to assume we were better than they were last season plus their cross-division games were NC State, Wake Forest and Maryland, which I think was easier than BC, Maryland, and Clemson.

I bring not calling the best WR in the game a "mediocre pro" and then backtracking claiming I was trolling when that looks like the dumbest comment ever by a "football knowledge" guy.

But hey. He calls people dumbasses. That seems to be about your level of intelligence.

He was right at the time.

Back