Last year on the CPJ bandwagon

Interesting factoid:

In Chan's last two games against UGA as HC his defense forced as many punts (12) as CPJ's have in his five against them.

In the last game against UGA Chan's defense forced four punts in the first half. In five games against UGA Paul's defense has forced only 3 first half punts.

We used to match them physically. Now we're their little bitches.

Is this where I compare CPJ's offense to Chan's offense vs UGA and complain how Chan made us look like we were their little bitches, too?

Im still in CPJ's corner, I think he does a lot with a little ala Jim Grobe.

by good teams I meant good teams within the Coastal division. 2 OT losses to Duke and UVA last year would not have mattered as far as being considered a "good team within the division" is concerned. I was specifically arguing against the claim you made that we were not the best team in our division.

We weren't. Miami and VT were better than us.

We weren't. Miami and VT were better than us.

I disagree. VPI lost @ UNC, beat BC in OT, and beat UVA by 3.

Yes they beat us in OT at home by driving the field and kicking a 45 yard field goal as time expired in regulation...but I think I'll just chalk that up as a "you can't win them all kinda game."

I don't think Miami was better than us last season, by a similar notion to VPI, and the fact that we literally gave them 2 points and the ball which lead to another TD.

I disagree. VPI lost @ UNC, beat BC in OT, and beat UVA by 3.

Yes they beat us in OT at home by driving the field and kicking a 45 yard field goal as time expired in regulation...but I think I'll just chalk that up as a "you can't win them all kinda game."

I don't think Miami was better than us last season, either by a similar notion in addition to the fact that we literally gave them 2 points and the ball which lead to another TD.

You obviously know nothing about football if you don't agree with the super smart sga_jacket.

Except for 2008, CPJ has had öööö for defense and Defensive Coordinator.
(3 DC's in 6 years)

IMO, that has made THE biggest difference on W-L's.

I still believe we are going in the right direction.

Except for 2008, CPJ has had öööö for defense and Defensive Coordinator.

IMO, that has made THE biggest difference on W-L's.

I still believe we are going in the right direction.

So Wommack just forgot how to coach? We got worse as that season went on. And we've gotten worse every year since. There's been one constant since 2008. Maybe it's not the DC.

Do you honestly think we were worse in 2011 and 2012 than we were in 2010?

I think anyone with eyes could see that 2011 was better than 2010, and 2012 was better than 2011, albeit with worse W/L results, by virtue of losing our OOC games.

So Wommack just forgot how to coach? We got worse as that season went on. And we've gotten worse every year since. There's been one constant since 2008. Maybe it's not the DC.

Wommack really put up the numbers at ole miss last year. :rolleyes:

I thought for sure I knew what was going on in here last night....now I have no friggin clue.

I thought for sure I knew what was going on in here last night....now I have no friggin clue.

It's a StingTalk melting pot thread except no one has mentioned uniform colors just yet.

That thread about Laskey's stiffy has really upset the "My dick's bigger than yours" crowd. This is just the angsty fallout.

Is this where I compare CPJ's offense to Chan's offense vs UGA and complain how Chan made us look like we were their little bitches, too?

With offense you can scheme around a talent disparity. With defense you cannot.

The past two years our offense has been pitiful against them anyway.

With offense you can scheme around a talent disparity. With defense you cannot.

The past two years our offense has been pitiful against them anyway.

The past two years their defense has been one of the best in the country.

I wonder if that's somehow related.

You know what, I retract my previous statement. I still think the OP was a troll, and a öööö good one.

When you really get down to it, aren't they all?

o0X2IF4.jpg

Back