Miami Game Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are finals for these guys? This week or next? Just thought of that .. could be a factor. Give them some relief.

What a joke. So we were ok to play last night, but less than 24 hours later we declare we can't play again in 8 days? BS

And you only have to win 1 game to be bowl eligible this year. They won't keep a tradition rich program like us out of a bowl if they have an opening.
Listen to Clyde and me. I’m telling you, it’s about the money. The only reason they played Thursday was so they didn’t have to refund the ticket sales. Why do you think they ageeed to Play on short rest with a depleted roster. They didn’t care if they won or lost.
And now pay a bunch of money to go on a road trip to Miami? What waste of money that would be. Just put the thing out of its misery ASAP.

We shouldn’t go to Miami because Covid...

in case we get invited to a bowl game so we can go to that.

Yeah ok.

When are finals for these guys? This week or next? Just thought of that .. could be a factor. Give them some relief.
Last finals were Tuesday. Graduation is Saturday at BDS. That’s why we had to play on short rest in the middle of finals. ööööing graduation ceremony at BDS. They put graduation ceremony ahead of the football team
Hope it rains 10 inches all day tomorrow.

Last finals were Tuesday. Graduation is Saturday at BDS. That’s why we had to play on short rest. ööööing graduation ceremony at BDS. They put graduation ceremony ahead of the football team
man i didn't know that. wow. gotta have that good air circulation. good grief.

i also think the folks above are right, money, money, money. they didn't want to refund those tickets. i already told my ticket rep i'd donate the last one if we had to cancel.

i just want a full schedule that doesn't change and my regular seats back.

Listen to Clyde and me. I’m telling you, it’s about the money. The only reason they played Thursday was so they didn’t have to refund the ticket sales. Why do you think they ageeed to Play on short rest with a depleted roster. They didn’t care if they won or lost.
And now pay a bunch of money to go on a road trip to Miami? What waste of money that would be. Just put the thing out of its misery ASAP.
If someone could prove that to me I would never give another dime to the GTAA again.

The Athletic projects Tech in the Gasparilla Bowl vs. Tulsa.
It's incredibly depressing to me, and not a good sign for the CGC tenure, that I don't even know if I want us to play in the "Gasparilla Bowl" against Tulsa.

But they could rename it the Golden Hurricanes Bowl. That would probably be mentioned by every announcer every five minutes.

I live in FL and Miami-Dade County is still a pretty hot COVID area. With where we are in injuries, record and irritation with the latest reffing debacle, I don’t think it was a stretch for us to pull the plug on this game.

If someone could prove that to me I would never give another dime to the GTAA again.
though its just their theory. it is very plausible. it would not surprise me at all. of all of the things in my life I enjoy .. i never thought I would become apathetic about GT football. thanks covid!

I live in FL and Miami-Dade County is still a pretty hot COVID area. With where we are in injuries, record and irritation with the latest reffing debacle, I don’t think it was a stretch for us to pull the plug on this game.
Peak 2020: Tech cancels a football game because in the last game we got some bad calls. Hard to imagine a greater pedagogical failure than that.

After the last reffing debacle I have no idea why everyone is so upset about not seeing "ACC rigged the game Part Deux". The only reason for the game would be to boost Miami's record; just like the ACC did for Pitt last night.

For the team all they really get is a chance to catch COVID, and maybe pick up a concussion or three. I would much rather play in lame bowl in some jerk water town where they will be given a fair chance to win or lose than to play a set up in Miami.

Last finals were Tuesday. Graduation is Saturday at BDS. That’s why we had to play on short rest in the middle of finals. ööööing graduation ceremony at BDS. They put graduation ceremony ahead of the football team
Hope it rains 10 inches all day tomorrow.

Oh, look, another dumb öööö that doesn’t understand what the “college” in “college football” means.

JRjr

when you really think about it .. if it's basically hey we are going to call it a day and see you in September 2021 under hopefully better circumstances, i mean i get that. hell yeah, lets just move on. coaches probably about lost their minds anyway (not just GT) .. game plan for one team, that game gets cancelled, game plan for another on short notice, coaches are control freaks and there has been nothing predictable or certain about this öööö storm of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back