ND to ACC?

The status quo will be maintained until someone decides to jump to 16 teams. It would probably be the PAC 12 grabbing 4 of the Big 12 teams (KU, KSU, OU, OSU, UT, TT) and the SEC grabs the Texas or Oklahoma teams. The Big 10 would then offer ND an ultimatum and fill out with a combination of Big 12, ACC, and BE teams. The ACC would get to pick up the scraps to get to 16 and therefore the 4 conferences would have control of the vote. So if ND plays hardball with the Big 10, they'll have no other choice but the ACC or they get left out of the playoff system.
what's so special about 16 with 4 team divisions? Why not 20 with 4 divisions of 5?

what's so special about 16 with 4 team divisions? Why not 20 with 4 divisions of 5?

Maybe in the future. There are 120 FBS schools with a few more coming. 64 controls the vote and can create a new FCS/D1AA. That's how the CFA shuffled out teams last time.

Maybe in the future. There are 120 FBS schools with a few more coming. 64 controls the vote and can create a new FCS/D1AA. That's how the CFA shuffled out teams last time.
what vote? There is no voting going on. The committee and presidents that decided on the new BCS was mostly BCS schools not a fair representation of 120 schools. Power schools hold a lot more power.

A panel of 12 university presidents representing the 11 FBS conferences & ND voted on on the proposal put forth by the BCS commissioners.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...ayoff-to-vote-of-12-university-presidents.ece
This is the majority I am talking about:

Presidential Oversight Committee
Rev. John Jenkins - President, University of Notre Dame (bio)
Bernie Machen - President, University of Florida (bio)
Max Nikias - President, University of Southern California (bio)
Harvey Perlman - Chancellor, University of Nebraska (bio)
Bill Powers - President, University of Texas (bio)
James Ramsey - President, University of Louisville (bio)
Charles W. Steger (chair) - President, Virginia Tech (bio)

vs

Scott Cowen - President, Tulane University (bio)
Duane Nellis - President, University of Idaho (bio)
John G. Peters - President, Northern Illinois University (bio)
Gary Ransdell - President, Western Kentucky University (bio)
John Welty - President, California State University, Fresno (bio)

vs

You don't have to have equal powers to have a vote. Besides, that's GT1992's point; a group could break off and form their own division if they want.

You don't have to have equal powers to have a vote. Besides, that's GT1992's point; a group could break off and form their own division if they want.

They don't have to, they already control the money. Have a look at the old BCS contract or the speculation on the new one.

vs

They are pretty much representative of the landscape. I'm not sure how they are selected, but if you decided to freeze out the non-big 4, the Louisville, Virginia Tech, and Notre Dame reps all change sides. Maybe I'm confused, but for other things, they have a general vote on it (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/34949199).

Either way, once you get critical mass, you take the ball and run away. Several of the commissioners made comments about league championship games acting as the first round of a playoff. That's why 16 team leagues seems like the right number and the PAC 10 was ready to expand to 16 until the deal fell through (http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...c-10-reportedly-ready-invite-six-big-12-teams).

Of course ND wants to remain Indy but that has a lot of ifs attached to it.
If anyone believes that the SEC or any other Conferrence is going to give them a free ride into the final four without playing a very tough schedule is crazy and the domers know it.
I have a number of friends that are domers all believe that ND will be in the ACC sooner rather than later as a full partner one of those friends will have a vote in that decision.
None of those folks gauranteed anything but most give it a 90% chance and soon.

Of course ND wants to remain Indy but that has a lot of ifs attached to it.
If anyone believes that the SEC or any other Conferrence is going to give them a free ride into the final four without playing a very tough schedule is crazy and the domers know it.
I have a number of friends that are domers all believe that ND will be in the ACC sooner rather than later as a full partner one of those friends will have a vote in that decision.
None of those folks gauranteed anything but most give it a 90% chance and soon.

TL;DR RickyReck says there is a 90% chance The Jacket will be establishing himself as a good role model by drinking his own piss.

what vote? There is no voting going on. The committee and presidents that decided on the new BCS was mostly BCS schools not a fair representation of 120 schools. Power schools hold a lot more power.

That voting was to decide whether or not a playoff format was going to be attempted from the presidents perspective. The NCAA still has to allow another game in season to be played and I believe a vote from all Div 1a schools are a part of that.

That voting was to decide whether or not a playoff format was going to be attempted from the presidents perspective. The NCAA still has to allow another game in season to be played and I believe a vote from all Div 1a schools are a part of that.
so ~300 schools are going to vote on this? I am going to need to see a source for this, but even if they did vote it's a rubber stamp.

If they do vote, my statement that they don't vote would be wrong. I accept that, but my point still remains.

Power conferences control football, and the fact that there are 50+ or 64+ teams in those conferences is not significant enough to dictate how many teams each conference would grow up to. There are other significant factors that dictate that, eg viewer market, tv contract, power of the conference, etc.

BTW, as an aside, physicians used to taste piss all the time. The reason diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus have their names is because the person would come to the doctor complaining of excess urination. And he would be diagnosed with diabetes mellitus if his piss was sweet, and diabetes insipidus if his pee was not sweet. (mellitus = "like honey"; insipidus = "without taste").

So thank God I am a physician in modern time, and not one who diagnosed why someone was peeing too much by tasting it.

BTW, as an aside, physicians used to taste piss all the time. The reason diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus have their names is because the person would come to the doctor complaining of excess urination. And he would be diagnosed with diabetes mellitus if his piss was sweet, and diabetes insipidus if his pee was not sweet. (mellitus = "like honey"; insipidus = "without taste").

So thank God I am a physician in modern time, and not one who diagnosed why someone was peeing too much by tasting it.

From now on you all shall address Scion as Dr. Scion.

Back