New Edge Center renderings

GaTech'06

Varsity Lurker
Per J's email today it looks like renderings for the Edge building have been updated (new Student-Athlete Performance Center). They look much improved and more of a timeless design (link to message: https://ramblinwreck.com/from-the-desk-of-j-batt-sept2023/)

1694721986975.png

1694722004915.png

Not a fan at all. The massing is completely ööööed. It doesn't have to be a glass box, but the treatment of the brick leaves a significant amount to be desired. The glass boxes/massing on the upper floors towards the north lacks any cohesiveness - the flat roof fascia doesn't help. Also, if you're going to use stone to accentuate an entry, make it bigger than some 10x10 entry and don't limit that material to a small corner of the design. I will applaud them for only using 3 materials.

Not a fan at all. The massing is completely ööööed. It doesn't have to be a glass box, but the treatment of the brick leaves a significant amount to be desired. The glass boxes/massing on the upper floors towards the north lacks any cohesiveness - the flat roof fascia doesn't help. Also, if you're going to use stone to accentuate an entry, make it bigger than some 10x10 entry and don't limit that material to a small corner of the design. I will applaud them for only using 3 materials.
Well, we all know where you went to college. :biggrin:

I don’t think that’s an entrance. It looks like corner alcoves for statues. Maybe Heisman and Dodd.

Back