New Edge Center renderings

Are you implying the materials won't be massively more expensive than 3 years ago? That seems like a straightforward non-controversial assertion.
Lumber will be cheaper, much cheaper. Have I priced the rest of it? Nope. Haven't had to drywall or anything. It was just an asshole getting a political shot on the football board because some of you morons just can't ööööing help but bring politics into everything.

Lumber will be cheaper, much cheaper. Have I priced the rest of it? Nope. Haven't had to drywall or anything. It was just an asshole getting a political shot on the football board because some of you morons just can't ööööing help but bring politics into everything.
Hate to tell you, but politics IS in everything, and it has been for a long time.

Perhaps you're just full of öööö.
Naw, he's right about the cost hit to the project (whether it changed the look is open to debate) along with schedule. Costs estimated in 20-21 escalated 26-30%. Supply side was a hit as well. For example, switchgear was a year lead time. roof insulation followed. So if the project takes 9 months to a year to design- you need to bid key electrical components when you start design ;)
Politics or Maternity leave, Buttgig screwed the pooch on the supply side. The Big Guy's-BBB printing money orgy didn't help as well, as it increased inflation. The crazy part is the sports and entertainment biz didn't care- having been devastated during covid lockdowns...."build us stuff now and fast".

Naw, he's right about the cost hit to the project (whether it changed the look is open to debate) along with schedule. Costs estimated in 20-21 escalated 26-30%. Supply side was a hit as well. For example, switchgear was a year lead time. roof insulation followed. So if the project takes 9 months to a year to design- you need to bid key electrical components when you start design ;)
Politics or Maternity leave, Buttgig screwed the pooch on the supply side. The Big Guy's-BBB printing money orgy didn't help as well, as it increased inflation. The crazy part is the sports and entertainment biz didn't care- having been devastated during covid lockdowns...."build us stuff now and fast".
.......began in 2020.....

.......began in 2020.....
the number is 2023 not 2020
Its not about the start date ...its about the anticipated end date and the change in inflation on the way to get there. 2019/20- the anticipated inflation was much lower than the unfortunate actualized rate of the post election economy.

I'd rather spend the $100mil on NIL than a new building.
What is so wrong with the old Edge that we need to replace it?
Not a clue. I wondered the same thing. The new one doesn't look significantly bigger.

I'd rather spend the $100mil on NIL than a new building.
What is so wrong with the old Edge that we need to replace it?
It is 40 years old, and needs to be updated, but to knock it down and replace it? <Shrug> I don't know. However, we live in the day of college athletes in opulence, so this is to be expected. It's like replacing locker rooms every 10 years with the latest and greatest. Everything to give recruits the impression that they will be treated like princes when the commit to <insert school>.

They aren’t building the edge center out of lumber dumbass

Brick with punched openings is cheaper than all glass. This clearly is a VE change, but I do think it looks better.

BTW it’s not likely real brick it’s thin brick but the average Joe won’t be able to tell the difference.

They aren’t building the edge center out of lumber dumbass
I said I have no idea about the other building materials, moron, and I don't care enough to look it up. The building design absolutely wasn't changed because of the cost of glass, steel, or concrete. It was changed to make it fit in with campus design. Now öööö off.

I said I have no idea about the other building materials, moron, and I don't care enough to look it up. The building design absolutely wasn't changed because of the cost of glass, steel, or concrete. It was changed to make it fit in with campus design. Now öööö off.
First sentence: “I have no idea”

Second sentence: “absolutely wasn’t”.

This is why the board widely considers you to be the village idiot.

But you’re our village idiot!

First sentence: “I have no idea”

Second sentence: “absolutely wasn’t”.

This is why the board widely considers you to be the village idiot.

But you’re our village idiot!
I said I have no idea what building prices are, but if finances were so dire, and they aren't, Georgia Tech would cancel the construction. You idiots are making more out of this than is there. It was changed because the initial design was not harmonious with the architecture of the area. But, if you want to believe we went to the expense of a full redesign because of building materials, good for you.

I said I have no idea what building prices are, but if finances were so dire, and they aren't, Georgia Tech would cancel the construction. You idiots are making more out of this than is there. It was changed because the initial design was not harmonious with the architecture of the area. But, if you want to believe we went to the expense of a full redesign because of building materials, good for you.
I’m not sure so much that it was changed to match the surrounding architecture or costs. It’s probably more of the CEO changing it to change it. Just like when Delta gets a new CEO they change the tail of the plane so he can put his “mark” on the company. This was reworked so that Batt can say it’s his project and not Tud’s.

I’m not sure so much that it was changed to match the surrounding architecture or costs. It’s probably more of the CEO changing it to change it. Just like when Delta gets a new CEO they change the tail of the plane so he can put his “mark” on the company. This was reworked so that Batt can say it’s his project and not Tud’s.
Can he change the field back to natural grass? It would be a great middle finger to Stansbury

Back