New FSU QB charged with battery

First, there is no way that he should be able to participate in summer workouts with the basketball or baseball team ...

Imo, as cyp says, the punch was excessive regardless because she's a lady. But then again, I'm old enough to remember when being a man or a lady was an objective category.

Perhaps he considered her raised fist, obnoxious language and kick as a self-designation as a man for the purposes of physical conflict. It's all so confusing.

From what I can tell he isn't projected to be the starter anytime soon, therefore he's disposable and probably off the team.

Imo, as cyp says, the punch was excessive regardless because she's a lady.

What would a feminist say about that?

In today's equal rights era, why should it matter that she's a woman. It would be assault if he hit someone first and without provocation or threat no matter if that person were male or female.

In this case, there is not clear evidence that he was not provoked in some way.

The guys was trying to get to an open space at the bar as one girl backs away. The blonde woman is clearly using her hips to push back against the guy and even pushing him into the girl behind him. The guy continues to try to squeeze through, and even gestures to the spot as if trying to explain that he is trying to get to that spot.

The girl here is clearly at fault of at least engaging.

And the punch wasn't that hard or she would be on the ground.

coit is right. How do we know that's a lady anyway? And what if De'Andre Johnson felt like a lady when he was punching her? She did punch him first. Supreme court, rule in favor of FSU QB punching the drunk girl(?).

From what I can tell he isn't projected to be the starter anytime soon, therefore he's disposable and probably off the team.

That's the most logical way of looking at it. Fsu will get rid of him just to avoid bad press and probably do so publicly.

What if she self identifies as a man? Then this is a nonstory?

Here is what I saw. FSU five star recruit punches girl who responds by fixing her hair. He may want to transfer before the current/future Miami DL rapes him on national TV.
Of course, by going to jail, he will probably get raped by the former Miami DL.

This women is no lady and she raised her fist and threatened him, he held her fist back, and she punched first. So yeah, he shouldn't have punched as hard as he did, but anyone would react the same way. But my guess is, he will still catch hell for it, depends on how good if a QB he is. [emoji38] That is just the truth when it comes to FSU....just my opinion.

Still snickering at thread-title pun ...

Yes, it is the off-season :rolleyes:

Good advice for men and women: never try to punch a football player in the face. Especially at a bar.

This women is no lady and she raised her fist and threatened him, he held her fist back, and she punched first. So yeah, he shouldn't have punched as hard as he did, but anyone would react the same way. But my guess is, he will still catch hell for it, depends on how good if a QB he is. [emoji38] That is just the truth when it comes to FSU....just my opinion.

Anyone would react the same way? You must have had some rough relationships. Don't worry, coit is a gentle man.

She couldn't have hurt him in the least. Once she takes a shot at him, shove her away and call her a drunk c word and move on with life.

Last edited:
Back