New uniforms incoming

murrayjacket

Damn Good Rat
Wonder if that white helmet with the stinger stripe is accurate or if they haven't updated it yet.

The Jacket

The Coat
1) blue pants are still an abomination - just stick with white pants if we are going to wear blue shirts
I like these better than the prior ones, just by virtue of looking more like Tech and less like an arena league uniform. I would like to see the blue shirts with those gold pants.

And those WGWs get sexier every time I look at them.

BuzzinWreck78

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone ever find out why the stripe on the pants don't go all the way down? Budget cuts?
It shouldn't be difficult to simply clip off the unfinished portion of the pants legs.
One could even run a stitch along the edge so they don't fray in the wash.

The Jacket

The Coat
It shouldn't be difficult to simply clip off the unfinished portion of the pants legs.
One could even run a stitch along the edge so they don't fray in the wash.
The more I've thought about it since my initial spasm, it's probably a stupid thing to worry about. These are prototypes, demos. I imagine they just included what they thought they'd need, and the size of the mannequins resulted in a discrepancy. Or just nobody cared enough to do it right.

If we run out with incomplete pants against Clemson and get boatraced, all of my energy for this season will be shifted to contacting adidas and getting some answers.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
The more I've thought about it since my initial spasm, it's probably a stupid thing to worry about. These are prototypes, demos. I imagine they just included what they thought they'd need, and the size of the mannequins resulted in a discrepancy. Or just nobody cared enough to do it right.

If we run out with incomplete pants against Clemson and get boatraced, all of my energy for this season will be shifted to contacting adidas and getting some answers.
A lot of guys seem to wear their pants up above the knee these days with little to no knee pad, perhaps adidas just assumed the unstriped portion would get hidden anway.

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
A lot of guys seem to wear their pants up above the knee these days with little to no knee pad, perhaps adidas just assumed the unstriped portion would get hidden anway.
UA pulled a similar pant stripe fashion "trend" with Auburn a couple years ago.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
There is no single uniform combination that identifies GT as being...GT. There have been so many changes and combinations through the years that each has meaning for certain "generations / age groups" of Tech fans. I think Adidas has stepped up and by providing a large number of varieties for this year (apparently) it's a net positive. No "group" will see Tech in their favored uni of choice every week. But everyone has a good chance of seeing a uni they particularly identify with on a given week.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
1) blue pants are still an abomination - just stick with white pants if we are going to wear blue shirts

2) no doubt that these are a huge improvement over the last

3) I hope the gold face mask on the white helmets is permanent...sharp!
Ya I amend my last post and vote in favor of abolishing the blue pants forever.

DaDodd

Varsity Lurker
There is no single uniform combination that identifies GT as being...GT. There have been so many changes and combinations through the years that each has meaning for certain "generations / age groups" of Tech fans. I think Adidas has stepped up and by providing a large number of varieties for this year (apparently) it's a net positive. No "group" will see Tech in their favored uni of choice every week. But everyone has a good chance of seeing a uni they particularly identify with on a given week.
You sound like you are a new fan. Tech definitely has a traditional identity when it comes to uniforms. White jerseys at home! Yes there has been come different combinations over the years but that was due to NCAA rules. As I have said before Tech should just keep it simple. Traditional template with no fancy elements. And a standard combination schedule.

GWG for home and away games. (Traditional look) (8 or 9 games)
GGW for homecoming and UGA at home (2000s era) (1 or 2 games)
GBW for special home game (1990 NC) (1 game)
WWW for white out home game (new tradition since 2008) (1 game)

This makes everyone happy. Clemson does a very similar thing. They wear OOW for home games. OWW for away games. PPP for one military day game against FCS opponents. They only wear OOO or OWO for post season games.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
You sound like you are a new fan. Tech definitely has a traditional identity when it comes to uniforms. White jerseys at home! Yes there has been come different combinations over the years but that was due to NCAA rules. As I have said before Tech should just keep it simple. Traditional template with no fancy elements. And a standard combination schedule.

This makes everyone happy. Clemson does a very similar thing. They wear OOW for home games. OWW for away games. PPP for one military day game against FCS opponents. They only wear OOO or OWO for post season games.
Wouldn't make all the fans that want to be the Georgia Tech Blue Jackets happy.

DaDodd

Varsity Lurker

I know people may get on to me for posting Clemson stuff but I keep hearing people say they just want to win. Well I Dabo said it best in this article.

“My players were more distracted and worried about what we were wearing every week as opposed to learning the plan and getting the details down,” Swinney said.

This is why I think we need a standard uniform schedule. Players need to be focused on the game not on what they are wearing. And you can get mad at me for posting about Dabo and Clemson, you cannot deny the fact that he's a hell of a coach who's won 2 national titles and has kicked our rear the past 7 years.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

I've been going to games since the mid 70s friend. My preference would be gold helmets, white jerseys, and gold pants. But that is just me and I recognize that many other fans have different favorites. Those that grew up with the 1990 championship team love navy jerseys. Some that started following during other eras have other favorites....some love the gold jerseys over white because of the fond memories they have of the team wearing those. So yes I have a preference but I'm not myopic enough to think every other Tech fan does or should feel the same. If that were true there would never be any uniform debates on Tech forums.