New uniforms incoming

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
1) How many different shades of gold can they make clash with each other in one uniform?

2) Blue uniforms are almost perfect. They just need a blue helmet. Oh, and instead of blue shoes, the shoes should be big, red, and floppy. And the whole outfit should come with a red plastic nose.

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
I can't believe these guys finally figured it out and didn't öööö up the uniforms. Gives me some hope to play some down and dirty Tech football in the coming years!

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I've been going to games since the mid 70s friend. My preference would be gold helmets, white jerseys, and gold pants. But that is just me and I recognize that many other fans have different favorites. Those that grew up with the 1990 championship team love navy jerseys. Some that started following during other eras have other favorites....some love the gold jerseys over white because of the fond memories they have of the team wearing those. So yes I have a preference but I'm not myopic enough to think every other Tech fan does or should feel the same. If that were true there would never be any uniform debates on Tech forums.
We should wear GWG for every game except when uGA comes to Bobby Dodd

Buzz_404

Varsity Lurker
We should wear GWG for every game except when uGA comes to Bobby Dodd
I disagree, I think we should wear GGW at home most of the time with one WWW for a whiteout game, and some fun combos in there too like WGG, GBW, etc. and away games GWG and some GWW, WWG

Not white which allows them to wear red.
I guess I am showing my age, but I thought the "yellow britches vs the silver britches" looked great, even with the mutts wearing red jerseys. But the mutts dropped the silver britches a long time ago, so I get your point. They are probably still going to wear red pants though.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Outside of this atrocity,
yltAhE75uYdrRx_8Ns76.jpg

it wasn't so much that the Russell uniforms looked bad, it was more that the players didn't like how they felt and Russell just had zero cool factor as a brand that basically makes sweatshirts for WalMart. It was a bad image more so than a bad looking uniform.
Russell didn't keep up with the other manufacturers in fabric technology. Was was good in 1998 became awful by 2008.

I really don't think that by the end they cared

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Russell didn't keep up with the other manufacturers in fabric technology. Was was good in 1998 became awful by 2008.

I really don't think that by the end they cared
Nah, they didn't care because they were getting out of the college sports apparel business and we were one of their last clients . That contract was just too long.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Nah, they didn't care because they were getting out of the college sports apparel business and we were one of their last clients . That contract was just too long.
Kind of like the idiotic ACC Grant of Rights contract.