• Dan Mullen

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • other

Votes: 98 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Mullen not taking on another HC job. Dook?

I think Mullen will probably get a HC job, but if I were him, I'd take a Group of 5 job before Duke. I think it's too tough to win there and not an ideal landing spot for a coach looking to quickly jumpstart his career. Honestly, Duke is one of a handful of schools that might want to think about the option route at this point. I just don't see them being able to land or retain a coach the caliber of Cutcliffe.

Well, that's one strategy...although not necessarily a strong one to pursue.

How about if you can get a 55+ "retread" who has had successful offenses everywhere he's been?

And just because a coach played football and married Urban Meyer's daughter doesn't necessarily mean he knows how/when/where to attack a defense.
I was drinkin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it went astray

There should not need to be any past ties to Tech. I used people I'm familiar with as examples. Sonny Dykes hired Garrett Riley as his OC and QB coach when Garrett only had a few years of coaching experience and no prior OC experience. I used Corey because his experience is somewhat similar and at a much higher level program than Riley coached at.

My point is that I'm worried we hire some OC with middling success at best because that is the type of coach that would come into this situation. Instead, why not try to find some highly respected up and coming position coach with an offensive philosophy that CGC thinks is a fit for our personnel and see what happens.

IMHO, a seasoned OC is not going to take the job unless it's the best they can find and that scares me more than taking a flier on someone looking for a shot. And I do see the irony in that statement coming off the Thacker debacle.

IMHO, a seasoned OC is not going to take the job unless it's the best they can find and that scares me more than taking a flier on someone looking for a shot.
Briles is currently serving as the AD of Liberty University. If he's itching to get back into coaching, this would be a great time to find that out. :)

Losing Mason and Gibbs makes the job even less attractive.

Now, I'm even more worried that Key is the best we can do at this point. Yikes.

If Willy Corn comes here, maybe he can find that arm that our defense ripped off his orange and white uniform.

Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that we didn't have anyone lined up BEFORE we fired Paterdude? Jesus, at least know what you can get before letting the current guy go. This better not be Key by default. Can this whole thing get any worse??

Art Briles is tainted by his actions at Baylor. He is not getting another major college job, and I sincerely hope we're better as a program than to make that decision.

Bring in the Goose.
Goose 1.jpeg

Rumor from KQ that we have just offered George Godsey

Kelly Quinlan
@Kelly_Quinlan

GT has at least one OC ready to offer and we have more news. If you are a GT fan this deal is ridiculous to pass up.

RI5RuiK0_mini.jpg

Kelly Quinlan

@Kelly_Quinlan
JOL is loaded with content following the three coaching changes at #GaTech this morning. We broke the news on them and have recruit reactions. Join the site for the year for $20.21 use the promo code RIVALS2021 and get the inside scoop. https://georgiatech.rivals.com/sign_up?promo_code=RIVALS2021…

George would make sense given what has happened so far. He would work well with Key and Choice. NFL experience should be a draw in recruiting.

Seems like a Tech play: a little safe, conservative and focused on fitting in the “culture” of GT. I expect there is upside but it will depend mainly on can he recruit QB talent.

Just taking an objective look at offenses he has coordinated in the nfl. Wtf are we doing here. Please turn it down Goose.

Houston 2015: 21+ points per game (21/32)
Houston 2016: 17+ points per game (28/32)
So far Miami 2021: 19+ points per game (24/32)

Just taking an objective look at offenses he has coordinated in the nfl. Wtf are we doing here. Please turn it down Goose.

Houston 2015: 21+ points per game (21/32)
Houston 2016: 17+ points per game (28/32)
So far Miami 2021: 19+ points per game (24/32)
NFL equates to college... how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back