Official: Check in here to eat your CGC and Sims crow

Are you honestly suggesting you can just make the wins/game a slope and extrapolate them as “tracking ahead of Vegas?”

I’m saying when Vegas set our win total at 3.5/4….to blindly think they are stupid and we will win 7-8 is ridiculous.

Tracking ahead of the Vegas line…..please allow this coach the same 5 years you gave our other sports coach….Collins has done more with less
That is some real ööööed up analysis there.

So if "the Vegas line" had us at 1 win, you would pronounce a 3 win season a rousing success because it beat "the Vegas line." Hell, if "the Vegas line" had us at 1 win for seven straight years, CGC should get a major extension for winning 3 games every year and exceeding Vegas expectations.

Since you worship at the Church of The Vegas Line you should understand them having us at 3.5 wins as pronouncing that this team is bound for Hell and Damnation.

But what I want to know is if - Vegas Forbid - we wind up with only 3 wins, will you remove your mouth from CGC's knob long enough to come here and admit he underperformed this year?

I’m saying when Vegas set our win total at 3.5/4….to blindly think they are stupid and we will win 7-8 is ridiculous.
Vegas set our win total at 3-4 because they think we suck. We proved them right, so… yay us? That’s your argument? We’ve generally been exceeding expectations to some degree for 25ish years, so forgive me if I’m not happy with barely rising to meet a pathetically low bar.

Vegas set our win total at 3-4 because they think we suck. We proved them right, so… yay us? That’s your argument? We’ve generally been exceeding expectations to some degree for 25ish years, so forgive me if I’m not happy with barely rising to meet a pathetically low bar.

So ok in other sports just not football

That is some real ööööed up analysis there.

So if "the Vegas line" had us at 1 win, you would pronounce a 3 win season a rousing success because it beat "the Vegas line." Hell, if "the Vegas line" had us at 1 win for seven straight years, CGC should get a major extension for winning 3 games every year and exceeding Vegas expectations.

Since you worship at the Church of The Vegas Line you should understand them having us at 3.5 wins as pronouncing that this team is bound for Hell and Damnation.

But what I want to know is if - Vegas Forbid - we wind up with only 3 wins, will you remove your mouth from CGC's knob long enough to come here and admit he underperformed this year?

No it’s called reality. Vegas takes everything into their factor including sos and such. Again I’ll ask why this is on in other sports here just not football

No it’s called reality. Vegas takes everything into their factor including sos and such. Again I’ll ask why this is on in other sports here just not football
There’s several reasons for this I think. Here’s a few:

1) Win/Loss: GC took over a team that went to bowls. Now we don’t. I’m aware of the transition arguments and don’t necessarily disagree, but this fact remains true. Pastner took over a team that was a dumpster fire for a while

2) Football/Basketball: Our fans care more about football than basketball.

3) Genuineness: Right or wrong, Pastner appears to come off as more genuine in his positive approach. GC comes across more as the used car salesman. Again, not saying this is true, but it seems to be the prevailing opinion. (I can say with a lot of certainty that Pastner is the positive guy he holds himself out as. I don’t know GC at all.)

4) Inconsist/Hypocrites: We’re designed this way. We’ll condemn one person for something and let another slide for the same thing. Human nature or whatever.

But Pastner was on the hot seat and probably still is. Now that the penalties are behind us, I think the expectation is for him to get us dancing regularly, and he probably has a two year window to do it.

Most of the lines I saw had us at 4.5-5. So you ARE saying what I thought you were. And it IS a really dumb thing to say. Otherwise you wouldn’t have used the phrase: “tracking ahead of Vegas”. As if we have some trend lines to follow and Vegas didn’t look at our schedule and figure we would have about 4 wins at this point.

You’re just lying in your response to me to save face.

Most of the lines I saw had us at 4.5-5. So you ARE saying what I thought you were. And it IS a really dumb thing to say. Otherwise you wouldn’t have used the phrase: “tracking ahead of Vegas”. As if we have some trend lines to follow and Vegas didn’t look at our schedule and figure we would have about 4 wins at this point.

You’re just lying in your response to me to save face.

All I’m saying is if you watched football last year and then looked at the schedule this year and said yeah….we should win 7-8 games, you set your expectations too high

All I’m saying is if you watched football last year and then looked at the schedule this year and said yeah….we should win 7-8 games, you set your expectations too high

That’s not all you said. You said we were tracking ahead of Vegas. As if Collins is exceeding some objective expectation. We are not. He is not. And without a double Hail Mary drive we are 0-4 ATS the last 4 weeks.

My expectation this year was a good enough team to get to a bowl game. I was hoping for more because Collins himself said we should.

I based my expectations off all the juice being passed around here. Clearly a huge mistake. The season’s not over but a 3 win record this year is inexcusable. Clearly, we need to do better. If we start losing recruits it’s game over for GC.

That’s not all you said. You said we were tracking ahead of Vegas. As if Collins is exceeding some objective expectation. We are not. He is not. And without a double Hail Mary drive we are 0-4 ATS the last 4 weeks.

My expectation this year was a good enough team to get to a bowl game. I was hoping for more because Collins himself said we should.

And I’ll say we likely would have had QB1 not been injured to start the season……again it took one of our other sports programs coaches 4.9 years to do anything noteworthy, not sure why expectations are different here

And I’ll say we likely would have had QB1 not been injured to start the season……again it took one of our other sports programs coaches 4.9 years to do anything noteworthy, not sure why expectations are different here

So you think given the way Sims was playing NIU game we would’ve won that game had he not gone down?

Or are you saying we would’ve beaten Clemson?

So you think given the way Sims was playing NIU game we would’ve won that game had he not gone down?

So you think you can dictate a players performance after a little over 1 quarter of play lol

OK so you think we would’ve won the NIU game without the injury. I don’t think so. The team was shell shocked and looked like a deer in the headlights.

Now we are at 4 wins instead of 3 and still not tracking AHEAD of Vegas unless you think we are on some constant positive slope of victories. Like an idiot would.

Yes, I think we would have won the NIU game.

Back