Official: Check in here to eat your CGC and Sims crow

I would agree…maybe. I certainly thought so.
I swear the snakebit long pass called back due to offensive pass interference (we got a TD that drive anyway iirc, right? Can't remember), Gibbs' long TD brought back for BS hold. Gibbs slipping trying to avoid a tackler on what could have been a TD. Stupid facemask penalty on a big 3rd down stop. We just keep shooting ourselves in the damn foot.

I swear the snakebit long pass called back due to offensive pass interference (we got a TD that drive anyway iirc, right? Can't remember), Gibbs' long TD brought back for BS hold. Gibbs slipping trying to avoid a tackler on what could have been a TD. Stupid facemask penalty on a big 3rd down stop. We just keep shooting ourselves in the damn foot.
I was going to make a comment about this before the game (easy to say now), but I was very afraid the team would come out and play as if the pressure of the world was on them. I think they did. I think they love this coaching staff and want to win for them. They just aren’t being put in a position to succeed by the coaching staff. Who knows?

I was going to make a comment about this before the game (easy to say now), but I was very afraid the team would come out and play as if the pressure of the world was on them. I think they did. I think they love this coaching staff and want to win for them. They just aren’t being put in a position to succeed by the coaching staff. Who knows?

I can see that in the offense. Maybe in a way for the defense, but I think it goes beyond any sort of gameday, week-to-week thing.
One thing I noticed especially in this game is it doesn't look like the back half of the defense trusts the front half to do things like contain scrambling QBs or cover receivers/RBs. Maybe not as an active thought, but their first instinct seems to be to go and cover something in the underneath themselves even if it means abandoning who they were covering previously.
And the big thing is I can't even truly say they are wrong. Our DL and LB have failed to do those things badly in the past.

It's like our defense has become an ouroboros of suck.

I know it's a coaches job to correct those kind of mental things, but I'm not sure how you really do that. Like, if it gets ingrained in a player to do those things on instinct, is that past the point of no return? As a coach you need to teach and train players to have better instincts than that, but I feel like it may like a legacy that comes from a decade of bad D.

I can see that in the offense. Maybe in a way for the defense, but I think it goes beyond any sort of gameday, week-to-week thing.
One thing I noticed especially in this game is it doesn't look like the back half of the defense trusts the front half to do things like contain scrambling QBs or cover receivers/RBs. Maybe not as an active thought, but their first instinct seems to be to go and cover something in the underneath themselves even if it means abandoning who they were covering previously.
And the big thing is I can't even truly say they are wrong. Our DL and LB have failed to do those things badly in the past.

It's like our defense has become an ouroboros of suck.

I know it's a coaches job to correct those kind of mental things, but I'm not sure how you really do that. Like, if it gets ingrained in a player to do those things on instinct, is that past the point of no return? As a coach you need to teach and train players to have better instincts than that, but I feel like it may like a legacy that comes from a decade of bad D.
You bench players who do the wrong things on Gameday. You preach accountability and follow through on it.

I think you might actually be on the staff. Keep thinking that. Keep thinking we are an injury and some bad luck from being 6-2 if not 7-1.

Just realistic. When QB1 goes down for any team things happen

I still blame the AJC for their “Oooo wowee Tech is alternating wins and losses!!!1!” Jinx article.

Back