Official: Check in here to eat your CGC and Sims crow

If you didn’t see the difference between first and second half o-line idk wht to tell ya

The question I have is what caused the miraculous turnabout in their play during the game in the 1st half and sustaining into the 2nd half? I find it very difficult to believe that the entire offensive line had a simultaneous attitude adjustment. Maybe the defense threatened to kick their asses, if they continued to play like a bunch of pussies.

The question I have is what caused the miraculous turnabout in their play during the game in the 1st half and sustaining into the 2nd half? I find it very difficult to believe that the entire offensive line had a simultaneous attitude adjustment. Maybe the defense threatened to kick their asses, if they continued to play like a bunch of pussies.
I think it was the unc defense getting gassed cuz we had a couple turnovers back to back

I know. That pass to Gibbs on that third down play in a very tight window sucked. Should have taken something off it.
This a bush league response. You are picking out one play from 2 plus years of Patenaude’s offense where we have been dreadful on 3rd downs. Yes, that was a great designed play. Patenaude, Sims, Gibbs, and the OLine get the credit. Guys either getting paid good money or getting a free ride to college should do that more than once in a blue moon. The fact that we were all shocked how easily we picked up that 3rd down tells you how poor we’ve been. Plays like that should be the norm. We all hope Sims has turned the corner. I just don’t have faith in Patenaude to adjust when the defense adjusts like they did last year. Patenaude had no answer. I don’t blame Sims at all.

Y’all see my avatar and title? Well, we’ve played lights out every game since I changed it to the “we suck this much”. If I change it now, it’ll probably jinx the team so it’s staying.
Your mom also sucks that much.

RPO is a different animal from "optioning" especially when you use that term in this Territory

Read-option or RPO is what we should've embraced 14yrs ago(?) when Chip Kelly was going 100mph changing CFB forever at Oregon
RPO was the preferred offense we SHOULD have been running the past 2 years. Why we have not run it more than 15% of the time is beyond me. The 2 back set was a no brainer.

I think it was the unc defense getting gassed cuz we had a couple turnovers back to back
When Sims entered the game, Tech had run 22 plays with a TOP of 9 minutes and 25 seconds.

And the “back to back TOs” were separated by 2 drives by each team.

Last edited:
RPO was the preferred offense we SHOULD have been running the past 2 years. Why we have not run it more than 15% of the time is beyond me. The 2 back set was a no brainer.

We didn't run this offense before now because we were 'ripping the band aid off' and running the offense of the future; while blaming all the problems on the roster.

Sims played by far his best game
But I still think Collins is a clown
Is this his best win at Tech?
Yep. By far. Doesn’t stop from being a clown

we did some good things game management wise in the third quarter -going to a huddle, taking our time at the line
And then, when Carolina needed time, we gave it by going hurry up and giving them extra time

+3 in turnover margin was huge

Posts like this are suggestive of someone more interested in being right than what's best for the program. Literally no one cares that you think Collins is a clown, and the fact that this is one of the first things you feel is important to get across after that game is rather telling.

Posts like this are suggestive of someone more interested in being right than what's best for the program. Literally no one cares that you think Collins is a clown, and the fact that this is one of the first things you feel is important to get across after that game is rather telling.

Swampy is president of the PJ Fan Club. Collins could win a natty and Swampy will find fault with it because he's a PJ-first, GT-second guy.

We didn't run this offense before now because we were 'ripping the band aid off' and running the offense of the future; while blaming all the problems on the roster.

dumb-and-dumber-uh.gif

The future depends on one thing - can our coaches adjust to what the other coaches will do? They now have 2 games of tape regarding our “new and improved” defense. They now have last nights use of Sims on tape. Right now, Pitt coaches are cutting up our offensive tape for their LB’s and DB’s regarding Sims. VT and UGA are having grad assistants right now doing the same.

I personally have little faith in Patenaude because I saw last year he did very little adjusting as coaches adjusted to Sims after FSU and he put Sims in positions to fail and let Sims reputation take a hit regarding turnovers. I give Patenaude credit for getting Gibbs and Smith on the field at the same time. But it shouldn’t have taken him until game 4 to see it. If he did that last week maybe we bag the big game like NC State did.

How much faith did you have that we would blow out UNC? Or keep it close with Clemson? Or even blow out KSU? Seems like the people most emphatically wanting their enduring skepticism noted after a win, emphasizing it's only one game, are rarely so dismissive of our losses.

So when Collins took over, we had the personnel in place to run our offense?

How much faith did you have that we would blow out UNC? Or keep it close with Clemson? Or even blow out KSU? Seems like the people most emphatically wanting their enduring skepticism noted after a win, emphasizing it's only one game, are rarely so dismissive of our losses.

note: the poster is "Option"Jacket. I.E. Another PJ Fan Club guy who'll never accept that PJ's time here is over and it's time to move on. Just ignore these haters.

Back