Official: Check in here to eat your CGC and Sims crow

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Never said a word against Sims (or any other student athlete on our team).

My (and others’) criticism of Collins has been and continues to be just. Tonight was an awesome win and was fun to watch, but one win does not a “turn-around” make.

Keep my crow in the fridge until next week.
Don’t make me come up there.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Clemson wasn't prepared for our defensive scheme, UNC didn't prep for Sims. What can we do against a Pitt team that won't take us lightly.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
You rich ööööers even read the Wall Street Journal on Sunday morning to get your sports? Did you also wake your broker to put in a buy for Amalgamated and Acme?
Acme is a good buy. They just landed a huge new contract with the current president.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Clemson wasn't prepared for our defensive scheme, UNC didn't prep for Sims. What can we do against a Pitt team that won't take us lightly.
It was obvious UNC didnt have a defensive answer for Sims' running ability in the open field. Yates can run, but not at Sims' gamebreaking open field level.

As euphoric over the win as anyone, but imho his passing was still concerning. Everything is a fastball. He is lazering in heat even in dumpoff passes over the middle.

Teams moving forward are going to take his legs away and force him to beat them through the air. That will be hard to do on overwhelmingly lazer passes and so few touch passes. At least on a few of the late game conversions he took some heat off. Good news is the guys caught most everything catchable. Heck of a job.

Take away the +3 and we have no room for error, right? If we go -anything we likely lose.

As stated before itt, its nice to at least see that we have the athletes of a high level team. Big, strong, quick. Very impressive. Need to keep that up.

The board suggested we had to get two back sets (technically because the RB talent is so far ahead of the WR talent right now) Saw that some and it appeared very successful as expected.

Future looks good. Only concern is Sims passing % (hard throws are hard to catch) and can we continue to avoid turnovers.

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
I always thought Sims had a much higher ceiling than Yates, but was concerned with how indecisive and turnover-prone he'd been. Seems like a little time seeing things from the sidelines may have helped him. If he can consistently play close to the level he played tonight, he will won us a lot of games and make Patenaude look like a genius.

Kid is special, and he just outplayed one of the top ranked QBs in the upcoming draft.
Came here to post the same thing. I’ll eat crow for not thinking he could put together a game like last night this early in his career. And hats off to the coaching staff for letting Yates keep the starting spot he earned, and only transitioning to Sims when needed. Sims has now earned the starting spot back, and that’s the way things should be - earned on the field.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
He is gonna ride the Yates train until the end. I have absolutely nothing against Yates. He just is not the QB that is going to take us to the next level of competition.

Last night is going to go a long way with recruits. Sims game in and way dynamic. The defense was swarming and opportunistic. When we get to the Clemson/UGAg level of recruiting - and we will being in Atlanta - we are going to own the ACC and at for Natty's
We saw the pre-season “hype” Sims last night. He was a different player after his 3rd series. He came in & scored the TD when inexplicably UNC left the whole middle of the field open, then the nothing drive kneel to run out the half & finally the 5 play drive where Dontae had 2 runs for a first down followed by some head scratchers. I have to admit I was worried there, but we stopped UNC on downs and then Sims took over. He was nearly unstoppable the rest of the game. Brought back memories of JT and Lil’ Joe. Whatever someone did between drives 3 & 4, bottle it and have it ready.

I’ll make one more comment on Sims, but Gibbs seemed different when Sims was in. He still has trouble blocking, but he appeared to run harder than when Yates is in. Maybe I’m wrong, but the effort definitely seemed higher.

We REALLY needed these past 2 games for recruiting. Yeah you get the stalwarts going to maintain their commitment when things are tough, but you take a lot of possibles off the table. These 2 performances have been just what the doctor ordered.

Now öööö all over Schitt next weekend.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’ve said the entire time that you’re blinded with CPJ sunglasses if you can’t see the improvement in this team talent level and what the potential is down the road. Impatient bitches cant wait the necessary time it takes to rebuild after the triple option all-in commitment.
Yep. PJ knows more X’s and O’s than 99% of any CFB coach who has ever coached the game. But fact is GT had one of, if not the weakest roster of all P5 teams when CGC took over. There are very few good coaches that would have accepted that challenge.

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
Gibbs seemed different when Sims was in. He still has trouble blocking, but he appeared to run harder than when Yates is in. Maybe I’m wrong, but the effort definitely seemed higher.
Completely agree. Seems to have a lot more confidence in the offense we run with Sims, and takes his effort to the next levels. It also helps that lanes start to open for the RB’s when the offense moves like it did under Sims last night, so he gets to show out a bit more.

It also seemed like Gibbs has been frustrated over the past couple weeks. That went out the window as soon as Sims came in.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
If you didn’t see the difference between first and second half o-line idk wht to tell ya
He made throws (with and without pressure) and out athleted people that Yates simply cannot do.

He made the OL look like they made some game altering stride. You’re just not wanting to be wrong on the Internet to argue otherwise.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
He made throws (with and without pressure) and out athleted people that Yates simply cannot do.

He made the OL look like they made some game altering stride. You’re just not wanting to be wrong on the Internet to argue otherwise.
Nothing sims was doing helped the o-line.. they created space and gaps unlike first half

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
Nothing sims was doing helped the o-line.. they created space and gaps unlike first half
This is so stupid. He fooled at least twice the freakin camera on the zone read. He hits the edge sooner. He either over powered or ran by people. He hit McGown on a roll out to his right, flushed from the pocket, and with a defender on his heels for huge 3rd down.

He’s just a smoother operator of the offense in every facet.