Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

Whatever

We need actual recruiters. I don't get the Vick mention. I guess it is somehow supposed to be funny?
he's the head of an NIL company.. he could potentially relate to the kids and ATL.. who you got?

Seems unlikely we will get rid of all of them. Hopefully Key has a good idea of who the weakest links were, though. The offense, in particular, needs a lot of work.
I still say our S&C coach makes great videos - but we still seem weak and slow nearly four years into this. Might be time for that guy to move on.
We still a need full time OL coach and who knows, maybe Key will hire an upgrade from himself? That's a low bar, though.
Never been impressed with Long or Weinke. If one has to go, buh bye Chip, I s'pose.
Defense?
To quote that moron Scott whatshisname on the Georgia radio broadcast after Butker's kick in 2014 ... "ugh."

Fire Long and make Weinke OC.
Elevate Chaney to OL coach.
Bring back Choice as RB coach. (Since Key may take less money it will free some money up for assistants)
Keep Thacker as DC and the rest of the defensive staff.
Hire a ST coordinator.

ZP’s pops, I believe, thinks highly of Weincke.

If rumors are true, Long is out of the building already.

Thacker was a top DC after clown was fired IMO, and everything CBK has said publicly would indicate he’s staying. Which I’m 100% good with.

CBK’s hire gives him the $$ to hire excellent assistants and analysts. I hope he makes the most of this opportunity. I’m happy for him and excited about the possibilities.

Strength and Conditioning is going to need an overhaul, and Key should have a pretty good idea of what's needed from his time at Bama. Lew is an inspiring guy, but the results weren't there when guys needed to win one on one match-ups in the trenches or elsewhere.

The only move I feel pretty strongly about is that we need a new OC.
Long showed me something on that first drive in Athens. Pretty sure that was the first opening drive TD against the dwags all year.

And Long's second drive play calling was looking pretty damn good too.

We don't have the horses right now. If Key stays he can keep who he wants as far as I'm concerned.

I like Thacker. We need help with his coaching staff.

We need some balls out recruiters
I like Thacker but who every the DC is next year it will be hard we lose 3 of our best players on defense

Long showed me something on that first drive in Athens. Pretty sure that was the first opening drive TD against the dwags all year.

And Long's second drive play calling was looking pretty damn good too.

We don't have the horses right now. If Key stays he can keep who he wants as far as I'm concerned.
According to Joe Hamilton that was Weinke calling plays against UNC and UGA

I think the joke is we want him to abuse dawgs on the recruiting trail. It was a stretch, but it's amazing how far it went over everyone's head.

lol I definitely did not get that. It seems like a really big stretch since we're not actually seeing dwags on the recruiting trail.

Back