Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

I don't have any issues with the hires so far. But with the supposed "big budget" we had for assistants, I was expecting some bigger names.

This seems about like the staff we would have on a normal budget.
Whose normal? Is it about to pay $43M to the bank and bunch of our fans saying öööö like I’m not paying for a bunch of kids sleeve tattoos normal? Or is it normal for a P5 school without tremendous debt normal? We hired a guy away from his alma mater in the SEC. Obviously we paid. People like you will complain about every hire no matter who gets hired.

I don't have any issues with the hires so far. But with the supposed "big budget" we had for assistants, I was expecting some bigger names.

Something tells me Faulkner isn’t coming cheap. And also hopefully we simply get more support staff or the “support staff” is our way of funneling money to an NIL collective.

We may not necessarily have "splash" names but they are all well-respected coaches that can recruit, and we are going to try to add more support staff. Larger budget doesn't necessarily mean pay everybody more, it could very well mean pay more people.

Why overspend on coordinators? A lot of the game is played out on the guys you don’t see or hear about. Sounds like we are going to have an army of analysts.

Maybe you can find a single post of mine that complained about one of our recent hires.

Oh wait, you can't.
Not to complain but let me complain. I don’t care enough to search anything you posted. I see what’s here.

Something tells me Faulkner isn’t coming cheap. And also hopefully we simply get more support staff or the “support staff” is our way of funneling money to an NIL collective.
Anyone know the details on his contract? Didn't he make ~$250k up the road?

I like the hire. Honestly, it sounds like Key had picked all these guys out weeks if not months ago and asked "if I do get the job, are you interested in a coaching spot?"

This is coming together much faster than I would have expected.

I'm expecting that we are going to make some noise on early signing day. At least more noise than normal.

We just picked up 2 guys from the SEC and people are whining as if we are digging in the SoCon bargain bin.

If we were serious about football our head coach would be Saban, and he'd have Venables at DC, and Bill Belicheck at OC, and Snoop Dog as recruiting coordinator, and Deion Sanders as the bus driver. You suck.

Back