Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

I think Buster checks a lot of boxes that will be beneficial: good recruiter w/ GA roots, no nonsense football guy, experienced play caller, and his recent experience w/ a top national program. I think the Offensive Coordinator is the most important coaching position in today's game (outside of HC, obviously), as scheme can negate a talent deficit. I think it's fair to have questions about the scheme and play calling until we see the finished product on the field.

2016 Cure Bowl Highlights - Arkansas State 31, UCF 13

Why no? He's an excellent hire.
02d7edaf-9218-4121-8db0-cbc9c38b61e5_text.gif

I think Buster checks a lot of boxes that will be beneficial: good recruiter w/ GA roots, no nonsense football guy, experienced play caller, and his recent experience w/ a top national program. I think the Offensive Coordinator is the most important coaching position in today's game (outside of HC, obviously), as scheme can negate a talent deficit. I think it's fair to have questions about the scheme and play calling until we see the finished product on the field.

2016 Cure Bowl Highlights - Arkansas State 31, UCF 13

OC is important, for sure. Offense wins games, defense wins championships. I'd say both OC and DC are very important... as is STC. We have all seen how ST can lose games that the O and D have won.

I don't have any issues with the hires so far. But with the supposed "big budget" we had for assistants, I was expecting some bigger names.

This seems about like the staff we would have on a normal budget.

I don't have any issues with the hires so far. But with the supposed "big budget" we had for assistants, I was expecting some bigger names.

This seems about like the staff we would have on a normal budget.
If there's money left then I assume we are still going to spend it.

Back