Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

The two biggest lies a man tells are , “The check is in the mail.” and “I won’t *** in your mouth.”
My skeptical answer to the “check in the mail” statement has always been, “I’ve got one hand on my mailbox and one on my dick, we’ll see which one comes first.”

My skeptical answer to the “check in the mail” statement has always been, “I’ve got one hand on my mailbox and one on my dick, we’ll see which one comes first.”
giphy.gif

You guys have some seriously damn thin skin. If Kirbee, a HC with nearly unlimited assets, wanted to keep a coach on his roster he'd pay him a big enough salary to retain him. So here we are, we "steal" a coach from the mutt & they roll over and let us scratch their belly, take their high performing "gotta have him to win a Natty" asst to the OC coach for bottom dollar and you all think we just outsmarted them. Really?

I hope this guy works out well. I hope he establishes an offensive system we can man up and excel at. The odds just are not in our favor. I'd be more optimistic if we found a diamond in the rought at ETSU that they could not afford to fight us for, but you all think that the few bucks we're talking about (maybe 25% of what the mutt has) is letting us waltz into the Cesspool and steal one of their best coaches? I get the hopey hypey position given we've been saddled with a staff full of mostly poor coaches for 4 years now, but damn if we don't think this is a high risk/ high reach type move. Again, hope it works because that's all we can do, but you all are making this guy out to be Bill O'Brien, etc.

You guys have some seriously damn thin skin. If Kirbee, a HC with nearly unlimited assets, wanted to keep a coach on his roster he'd pay him a big enough salary to retain him. So here we are, we "steal" a coach from the mutt & they roll over and let us scratch their belly, take their high performing "gotta have him to win a Natty" asst to the OC coach for bottom dollar and you all think we just outsmarted them. Really?

I hope this guy works out well. I hope he establishes an offensive system we can man up and excel at. The odds just are not in our favor. I'd be more optimistic if we found a diamond in the rought at ETSU that they could not afford to fight us for, but you all think that the few bucks we're talking about (maybe 25% of what the mutt has) is letting us waltz into the Cesspool and steal one of their best coaches? I get the hopey hypey position given we've been saddled with a staff full of mostly poor coaches for 4 years now, but damn if we don't think this is a high risk/ high reach type move. Again, hope it works because that's all we can do, but you all are making this guy out to be Bill O'Brien, etc.

How much would they pay to keep an analyst? How much would Saban at coach rehab u?

Look - I was pissed about the Key hire for all of about 24 hours. Then I remembered that Tech football (or any other sport) isn’t supposed to make me miserable, so I changed my outlook and got behind the hire. If you’re looking for reasons to whine, before this guy has called play 1, you can find it. Or you can find reasons to look forward to next season.

Look - I was pissed about the Key hire for all of about 24 hours. Then I remembered that Tech football (or any other sport) isn’t supposed to make me miserable, so I changed my outlook and got behind the hire. If you’re looking for reasons to whine, before this guy has called play 1, you can find it. Or you can find reasons to look forward to next season.
Not whining, just stating facts and many on this board wet their pants over what damn near everyone else knows.

You all keep crying, but we didn't go out and target top talent as we were lead to believe we would. I get the Key hire, he went 4-4 where the clown would have gone 1-7. It's easy to adore the GT hire. It's easy to get behind the "blue collar" speech he gave. Now we're filling staff sports. We're not exactly hitting grandslams. Maybe in retrospect I'm wrong, but where's the splash hire? Colorado hired Deion. They're in the news every day. Nobody's talking about GT.

Time will tell & I'm a GT fan. I always hope for the best. I even rooted for clown to succeed even though I hated his style. In my heart I feared the worst & it turned out for the worst. I'm not the only one. I'm glad we got so many thinking this is a knock it out of the park hire, but frankly I just don't see it. Nobody's refuting anything with facts, just a bunch of freaking crybaby whining on here which is par for the course. The man has little record of success & the last dude we hired with a thin resume turned out swimmingly well so I'm sure this one will too.

Not whining, just stating facts and many on this board wet their pants over what damn near everyone else knows.

You all keep crying, but we didn't go out and target top talent as we were lead to believe we would. I get the Key hire, he went 4-4 where the clown would have gone 1-7. It's easy to adore the GT hire. It's easy to get behind the "blue collar" speech he gave. Now we're filling staff sports. We're not exactly hitting grandslams. Maybe in retrospect I'm wrong, but where's the splash hire? Colorado hired Deion. They're in the news every day. Nobody's talking about GT.

Time will tell & I'm a GT fan. I always hope for the best. I even rooted for clown to succeed even though I hated his style. In my heart I feared the worst & it turned out for the worst. I'm not the only one. I'm glad we got so many thinking this is a knock it out of the park hire, but frankly I just don't see it. Nobody's refuting anything with facts, just a bunch of freaking crybaby whining on here which is par for the course. The man has little record of success & the last dude we hired with a thin resume turned out swimmingly well so I'm sure this one will too.
I have a feeling that the Faulkner hire will be a home run.

I think what key is doing and I hope he is doing is using that staff money to get analyst help which we haven't had in quite some time I like the hire with faulkner being a georgia man not a mutt one theme that helps us win is when we get good instate talent I think faulkner can help bring that south georgia talent to ATL. GO JACKETS!

I have a feeling that the Faulkner hire will be a home run.
I hope so too, but he's not a proven commodity and we know how hard it to succeed on the Flats with our limitations with the Hill. I'm behind the guy 100% but let's not be delusional that we hired an experienced guy here. We're hoping that launching his P5 career as GT's OC is a seamless move for him and there's not years of on the job learning.

How do you know you got the diamond in the rough until 3-4 years later when he's worked out well? Then you say, "Wow, we got a real diamond in the rough!" But when you hired that guy, he was a risky hire that lots of folks poo pooed.

I found this Q&A from 2016 when Buster Faulkner was hired as OC for Arkansas State in 2016. Answers to offensive philosophy below:

Q. How would you describe your offensive philosophy?

A. Well, I think, the first thing is coach Anderson is an offensive minded guy and one of the best in all of college football. So that was an attraction to me, just that alone, talking to him and watching him play over the last five, six years. I remember when he was at Southern Miss and I was at Murray State and I was watching those guys play. I would always say 'Man, we need to go study those guys.' You know, our philosophies are real similar, up pace, play at a fast tempo, throw the ball around, get the ball to your playmakers, keep it simple on the quarterback and just do the things that are necessary to be successful.

Q. How do you measure tempo, and what makes you satisfied you're playing at the right tempo?

A. Well, I think the first thing you look at it is obviously, how quick are you snapping the ball? None of that matters if you're not moving the ball. So we've got to, the biggest thing for us is that when you get the first, first down, usually the tempo is able to take place. So, we want to snap it as many times as we can, but we also want to play with the defense. Each game is different and we just want to make sure we do the things that are necessary to win.

Q. Middle Tennessee played faster in 2015 than in 2014, why?

A. We were definitely faster this year. Played at a much quicker pace. I think the quarterback dictates that. I think he's going to have to be the guy putting his foot down and getting everybody going. He's the control setter.

Q. Is it easier to go fast with an experienced quarterback?

A. Well, we had a freshman this year and he was a freshman all-American. So, the thing is that it's all the urgency that that kid can play with. The players will feed off him.

Q. Where did you pick up your philosophies from? Who are some mentors?

A. Where I've kind of got my background is Chris Hatcher [former Valdosta State coach], the head coach at Samford, he has a Hal Mumme and Mike Leach background. That's where I get a lot of my philosophies from and that's very similar to what Blake's been doing, the air raid type stuff. But he would be the one.

My Expectations / We have HOPE!
I see this as a solid hire. I expect an offense in the 60-75 range next year and keep improving in year 2. His OFEI rankings no matter the school historically outperform the teams overall recruiting ranking. Should we get our recruiting closer to top 35-45, maybe we see some offenses in the top 25-30 range after all. The fact that u(sic)ga is upset at him leaving makes me think it’s a solid hire.

I hope so too, but he's not a proven commodity and we know how hard it to succeed on the Flats with our limitations with the Hill. I'm behind the guy 100% but let's not be delusional that we hired an experienced guy here. We're hoping that launching his P5 career as GT's OC is a seamless move for him and there's not years of on the job learning.

You say you'd be happy with a diamond in the rough from ETSU, but we got a guy who was OC at MTSU for years, including some record breaking ones.

So be happy.

In 2014 MTSU amassed more than 5,000 yards of total offense, including more than 2,500 rushing. OC Buster Faulkner sat down with The Daily News Journal to go over three simple plays that Blue Raider fans would see in 2015. Faulkner broke down three of the most common plays in college football: the zone read, wide-receiver screen and four-verticals play.

I can only find the video of the four-verticals play.

Why does it have to be a "splash hire?" Who promised splash hire? I heard Cabrera say they would find the best coach they could for the job. That is not necessarily a "splash hire." It is very possible that Key is the best they could find. Do you not think that if Fritz had won the hire that half the Tech fans wouldn't be complaining that he was too old? Or if Chadwell (who ended up at Liberty, for Pete's sake) had been hired, that the other half wouldn't be whining that he had never won a game at the P5 level - where CKB has already won 4 (50%) and had his top 2 QB's not been injured likely 1-2 more. Both would have been good hires but many think Key is the better hire. Same with coordinators. Just stop whining and get behind the coach and team.

Bullshit. They aren't going to pay analysts $500k plus just so they don't lose them, and you also have to consider the individual himself. Almost all people in this profession aspire to make it to the top as in be a HC or at minimum a coordinator at a top program. He would probably even take a pay cut or same pay to go somewhere and be an OC rather than stay as an analyst there or anywhere. They are fine with letting him go because they know they can outbid anybody to get him back when they want him for a larger role. They likely want him to go out and get P5 OC experience and will try to get him back one day. That's how these moves typically work.

Faulkner said it was the first time he could recall MTSU breaking the 100-play mark.

Middle Tennessee defeats Marshall 51 to 49 on the 100th offensive play of the night!

Back