Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

Any news yet about whether Semore is going to retain both special teams and LB coaching duties? I think we would all prefer to see a dedicated special teams coach. I have to think Key feels the same...

Way to jump to conclusions. It's widely thought at UGAg (and mentioned ITT) that Faulkner was likely the guy they would elevate to OC if Monken was hired away. They are even still saying if Monken does get a HC job this offseason, they may come back after Buster.

This is the concern. I would expect CBK knows this. I hope there is a very pricey buyout. My guess is there are just going to be too many opportunities for Monken to pass up. Reports are that Buster was the OC in waiting there. There have been several instances of UGA losing coaches only to bring them back before they coached a down at their "new" locations. That would be kind of disastrous if Faulkner leaves after a few weeks/months.

This is the concern. I would expect CBK knows this. I hope there is a very pricey buyout. My guess is there are just going to be too many opportunities for Monken to pass up. Reports are that Buster was the OC in waiting there. There have been several instances of UGA losing coaches only to bring them back before they coached a down at their "new" locations. That would be kind of disastrous if Faulkner leaves after a few weeks/months.
Seems like a good hire, I like the numbers his teams put up as OC, and anyone involved in that uga program the last couple years will have gained some valuable experience/Intel.

But it's not so great that you would need to make it without atleast some assurance that he'd be in the position with us for atleast a couple years.

If anything, this would be the reason we "managed to take" him from Kirby.

Yep, this is my only concern as well. I hope they go with Bobo if Monken does leave, and depending on where Monken goes (if he leaves), he may also try to get Buster. Word was that he was going to try to take him to Purdue with him as OC if he got that job.

This is why we Stingtalk.
Did anyone scroll down on that Twitter feed to look at Mike Leach in a post-game presser trolling the reported on his covid face mask? That is pure gold and is why Leach was so loved. You guys all ought to go watch that answer to that question.

Any news yet about whether Semore is going to retain both special teams and LB coaching duties? I think we would all prefer to see a dedicated special teams coach. I have to think Key feels the same...
Was wondering about this myself. I feel like we are close to the 10 assistant coach limit.

Was wondering about this myself. I feel like we are close to the 10 assistant coach limit.
The assistants salary pool and our current assistants salaries indicate we are finally getting the analyst help we badly need to (somewhat) keep pace with the big boys.

We have 2 spots open. RB and WR coach. Not sure who will take over special teams. JB Hall is still on staff but will be back to an analyst role, and I'm sure will still be heavily involved in ST.

Yep, this is my only concern as well. I hope they go with Bobo if Monken does leave, and depending on where Monken goes (if he leaves), he may also try to get Buster. Word was that he was going to try to take him to Purdue with him as OC if he got that job.
Bobo was a very good OC for them a few years ago, idk why they wouldn’t just go back with him

This kid lists himself at 6'4", 315#. My first thought looking at that picture was, 'Damn, not one of our coaches is standing on his tippy toes."
I think Weinke may have grown out of the QB position

Back