Official GT Head Coach News Thread

It’s not even a prediction based on info. It’s a “what Tech should do” post.
I really would like to have a conversation with one of these jackasses. It is ööööing gross enough that ESPN and every other media outlet pulls this öööö with success 24/7, but it's now just the way "business" is done in any kind of sports discussion/coverage. We can blame the fat cats for destroying sports, but the average Joe doing this stuff is repulsive. My honest view is that any person who does this öööö needs to do a serious ööööing moral inventory. Or, since they'll probably just come out of it with some other morally repugnant half-assed plan for making money, maybe just commit suicide immediately.

I really would like to have a conversation with one of these jackasses. It is ööööing gross enough that ESPN and every other media outlet pulls this öööö with success 24/7, but it's now just the way "business" is done in any kind of sports discussion/coverage. We can blame the fat cats for destroying sports, but the average Joe doing this stuff is repulsive. My honest view is that any person who does this öööö needs to do a serious ööööing moral inventory. Or, since they'll probably just come out of it with some other morally repugnant half-assed plan for making money, maybe just commit suicide immediately.

These guys aren’t just a rando with a website - their analytics are used quite a bit in the NFL and somewhat in college for player evaluation. A coaching prediction tweet may be a little out of their lane but I wouldn’t think it offsides at all.

These guys aren’t just a rando with a website - their analytics are used quite a bit in the NFL and somewhat in college for player evaluation. A coaching prediction tweet may be a little out of their lane but I wouldn’t think it offsides at all.
It most certainly is, when they knowingly publish absurd bullshit with the intent to lure rather than inform. You can't defend them because they are irredeemable. You're looking dead at a microcosm of the rot of modern sports and the myriad ways of squeezing money from every last bit of tedium.

öööö these people.

There's some rumblings on the Tulane board that the guy Tech is interviewing today is Troy's HC Jon Sumrall. Definitely take it with a grain of salt but....Apparently Batt gave Fritz an ultimatum about getting his butt over here or getting stuff going in the portal and he backed out.

There's some rumblings on the Tulane board that the guy Tech is interviewing today is Troy's HC Jon Sumrall. Definitely take it with a grain of salt but....Apparently Batt gave Fritz an ultimatum about getting his butt over here or getting stuff going in the portal and he backed out.
We have not yet begun to Zero In.

time to google Sumrall...

edit: well I googled, a single season as a head coach, former co-DC at Kentucky...

So the plot thinkens

I’d take him over Fritz. Still don’t understand the decision to not go the economic route and give Key a shot.

I guess all the other threads are locked so I will try putting this here...

I really don't understand the people here that don't think Fritz is a good hire. This guy has turned TULANE into a top 20 program playing for a conference championship. TULANE would likely kick the dog sh*t out of Tech this year. TULANE. In between dodging actual hurricanes and other disasters, he has become the 5th winningest coach in their history... in less than 8 years. That's how thirsty TULANE is.

They are 10-2. You know how many 10 win seasons TULANE has had in their entire history? 2. Only twice EVER in their entire history. Tommy Bowden in 1998 and Ted Cox 1934. This guy has taken a dumpster fire of a program and has them playing for a championship. He's a miracle worker.

It's as if some of you still want a snake oil salesman. Someone who talks on an ELITE level. You go from one quack to another that promises you salvation. Someone that can say all the right things, look the right way, dance the right dance and you just pass right over an actual miracle worker who has proven he can win in the shadow of the valley of death. God I hope this hire goes to completion. Give this man some time and he will have Tech kicking ass in one of the weakest conferences in FBS, the ACC. Willie Fritz is not the hero Georgia Tech deserves but the one Georgia Tech needs.
Posts like this can't be stated enough.

Back