Official GT Head Coach News Thread

I did hear from a friend's cousins girlfriends uncle(little better source than that but not sure where he heard it) that we were close to having hugh freeze wrapped up but it fell apart last minute. They weren't sure if he backed out or some Baylor type accusations scared us off.

Not sure if true but if we thought it was a done deal it could explain why we appear to be scrambling now.

My sources assure me that Saban has already signed the document and they are holding the announcement until Vegas makes it higher odds. Lots of our big money men are waiting to place their bets.

I did hear from a friend's cousins girlfriends uncle(little better source than that but not sure where he heard it) that we were close to having hugh freeze wrapped up but it fell apart last minute. They weren't sure if he backed out or some Baylor type accusations scared us off.

Not sure if true but if we thought it was a done deal it could explain why we appear to be scrambling now.

Close but not quite.

YARN | My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard  from this guy who knows this kid | Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) | Video  clips by quotes | 4435b8aa | 紗

Tulane folks still think he's coming here. Most think they wanted to keep it under wraps until he could either inform his folks first or so that he could coach them in the championship game this week, then the leak happened and all the rest about more interviews, etc. is a cover just to buy him time to do the above. Problem is recruiting contact period opens back up on Dec 2 and the transfer portal opens on Dec 5th. I don't know that we can afford to wait until after championship weekend to make a hire.

Tulane folks still think he's coming here. Most think they wanted to keep it under wraps until he could either inform his folks first or so that he could coach them in the championship game this week, then the leak happened and all the rest about more interviews, etc. is a cover just to buy him time to do the above. Problem is recruiting contact period opens back up on Dec 2 and the transfer portal opens on Dec 5th. I don't know that we can afford to wait until after championship weekend to make a hire.
Gailey never recovered support from a material portion of our fans when he insisted on finishing the NFL season instead of starting immediately, and you could argue that his first recruiting class set him back a couple of years.

Point is, the new coach can't afford to wait for all of these reasons. That can't be your first impression.

There is no way that Batt is hiring Key unless every other option is exhausted.

Batt was brought in to do a coaching hire and just sticking with Key and the existing staff is not that.
Honestly I think no one expected Key to do as well as he did which makes the decision much more of a double edged sword than it originally seemed.

Batt was brought in to do a coaching hire and just sticking with Key and the existing staff is not that.
No one expected so much support to come out for Key. There is certainly a lot more support for Key that Fritz. Chadwell is the only other option that has nearly the same level of fan, player, and donor support.

Well, he’s taking a big gamble by not hiring him. Because I figure most of the big donors want Key certainly over Fritz.

So fritz is or isn’t coming to Tech? I’m hoping for Key but confused with all the rumors going around

Tulane is supposed to have its weekly press conference today previewing this week's opponent. If that press conference gets cancelled, you can be assured stuff is happening. If it does happen as scheduled, there will be questions asked about GT, it will be interesting to see the answers.

They may of poisoned the well for Key.
So with all this junk did we just fail on the AD hire too... I get the guy wants his control but still need to review circumstances and read the room. He obviously just is interested in what he sees and no one else

Tulane is supposed to have its weekly press conference today previewing this week's opponent. If that press conference gets cancelled, you can be assured stuff is happening. If it does happen as scheduled, there will be questions asked about GT, it will be interesting to see the answers.

tuesday

Back