Official GT Head Coach News Thread

In 2020, Fritz signed a contract extension through 2026. Would be interesting to know the details of that contract.

For sure. He was supposedly making 1.6 million at the time and I read somewhere it may be around 2, now. No idea about the buyout. Darn private schools and not having to disclose this stuff.

Saw that on another message board too.
I didn't like it when Collins cleared house and sent all of PJ's people packing. Was hoping he'd keep Andy Mac, who is a good guy and a good recruiter and seemed to really get along with the players. But he's the coach and he can bring in who he wants.
A new coach ought to be able to bring in his own people. PJ kept some of Gailey's staff, but over time, those guys left, and he replaced them.
If I'm Chadwell and the AD says no, you have to keep this guy, I'd say, you can keep the contract.
I doubt that any of CPJ’s staff would’ve gotten along with Geoff for very long.

After watching this, I can say with 90% certainty that their is a very high probability Willie Fritz is the next HFC at GT.
This. It’s just a matter of how fast it’s announced. Sucks for Tulane, but it’s already a distraction from their game so may as well pull the plug and let an interim coach this weekend. Blame the NCAA for the timing with the stupid portal and recruiting periods that should open after conference title weekend.

For sure. He was supposedly making 1.6 million at the time and I read somewhere it may be around 2, now. No idea about the buyout. Darn private schools and not having to disclose this stuff.

Yeah, I’ve been looking for any information on the buyout, including combing through ‘Ye Olde Green Wave’ football forum for any information, but haven’t found anything.

It could be we did our digging on his coaches. We assessed their strengths and weaknesses.

We asked for his staff plans, during the interview. He said, "I want my boys along with me for the ride."

We felt his staff weren't all that great, and the ultimatum was thrown down that he'd rather stick with the boys than upgrade.
Or it could be that the whole rumor is bullshit

Yeah, I’ve been looking for any information on the buyout, including combing through ‘Ye Olde Green Wave’ football forum for any information, but haven’t found anything.
I've seen two different estimations of around $8MM, which I believe would indicate that the buyout approximates the full remaining value. I have zero idea whether that's accurate or inaccurate.

After watching this, I can say with 90% certainty that their is a very high probability Willie Fritz is the next HFC at GT.
Yeah that was a pretty weak poker face. I say let him coach his conference championship if that's his demand. A week is nothing if it means getting your guy or not

Back