Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Seems that many/most of you are clamoring for a head coach who failed totally as an offensive line coach and whom literally NO OTHER BCS SCHOOL WOULD HIRE AS THEIR HC if we didn't do so. None. Zero. Are you ööööing stupid?

Others are all hot for a 62 year old loser coming off literally ONE lucky season, who had two wins the year before that, and has a career losing record over seven years in FBS.

Still others are crying :bigcry: that paying $2 million a year over four years to get said loser coach is too much ööööing money for our pathetic broke-ass athletic department. Good college coaches are getting $9 million a year and up. If Georgia Tech really can't scrape together $2 million to buy a head football coach, then we should either revert to the 3O or gracefully retreat to the FCS.

You've got dudes rejecting a coach because he wants to pick his staff. LMFAO - I wouldn't HAVE a coach who didn't insist on that!!!

This thread makes me sick to my stomach that some/many/most of you are part of my same fanbase.

I totally agree with this, the improvement was obvious and I'm certain it was the way the practices changed after the firing. The O line was down to freshmen and sophomores for the UGA game

I too expect a team to improve as the season goes on again
If the buyout for Fritz is $8M (and I’ve only seen that here) then no way.

Taking $$ into account, along with all of the information, comments, shutdown threads, we’ve had over the last 24 hrs, I have shuffled my list-

1. Key - A good job as IHC, passion for the program as an alum, players want to play hard for him, he’s young (and granted unproven as a HC), costs would be at a minimum. I’m willing to take a chance.
2. Clark - Success at UAB - 5 bowl games, 3 1st place finishes, 2 2nd, 1 3rd, he wins (49-26).
3. Prime Time - It could be great or could be an utter failure, but it would be exciting.
4. Chadwell - Was my #1 choice, if he is adamant about bringing his entire staff then I will cool on him.
5. Fritz - Good coach that I think could be successful, 24 hrs ago he was top 3, but I do have concerns about his age and this potential $8M buyout.

May change my mind this time tomorrow, but this is where I am right now.

3 2 4 5 1

Seems that many/most of you are clamoring for a head coach who failed totally as an offensive line coach and whom literally NO OTHER BCS SCHOOL WOULD HIRE AS THEIR HC if we didn't do so. None. Zero. Are you ööööing stupid?

Others are all hot for a 62 year old loser coming off literally ONE lucky season, who had two wins the year before that, and has a career losing record over seven years in FBS.

Still others are crying :bigcry: that paying $2 million a year over four years to get said loser coach is too much ööööing money for our pathetic broke-ass athletic department. Good college coaches are getting $9 million a year and up. If Georgia Tech really can't scrape together $2 million to buy a head football coach, then we should either revert to the 3O or gracefully retreat to the FCS.

You've got dudes rejecting a coach because he wants to pick his staff. LMFAO - I wouldn't HAVE a coach who didn't insist on that!!!

This thread makes me sick to my stomach that some/many/most of you are part of my same fanbase.
I think Chadwell pulling out because he couldn't bring is staff is speculation.

Saw that on another message board too.
I didn't like it when Collins cleared house and sent all of PJ's people packing. Was hoping he'd keep Andy Mac, who is a good guy and a good recruiter and seemed to really get along with the players. But he's the coach and he can bring in who he wants.
A new coach ought to be able to bring in his own people. PJ kept some of Gailey's staff, but over time, those guys left, and he replaced them.
If I'm Chadwell and the AD says no, you have to keep this guy, I'd say, you can keep the contract.

My guess is it's less about keeping specific guys already on staff and more about not wanting specific guys Chadwell wants to bring. For the sake of recruiting alone, we really need a decent number of assistants with P5 experience.

What the fukin hell do you suggest then? What the fucck are you posting? You keep up your ööööt then every post you make you will be talking to yourself. A lot of posters have you on ignore already.

I've never heard of a school not allowing a coach to pick his own staff. It's essentially 99% guaranteed that a new coach means the previous staff is canned. It isn't very often that previous staff gets kept. Besides, look at our football program lately - who are we to make those kinds of demands?

Is there a school that fired their coach before us that hasn’t already filled their position?

What the öööö has Jason been doing

What the fukin hell do you suggest then? What the fucck are you posting? You keep up your ööööt then every post you make you will be talking to yourself. A lot of posters have you on ignore already.
Those folks are dumbasses.

Not my faut that there is a disproportionely large number of losers and double-digit IQ morons posting here with great regularity. I just point out their stupidity - I take no responsibility for it. If they have me on ignore then so much the better. I can ridicule their stupid posts without having to see some ignorant reply from them. Excellent.

Maybe you want to join them. Believe me, I won't miss reading your replies. But you may miss one of your few opportunities to be educated here. Your call.

Those folks are dumbasses.

Not my faut that there is a disproportionely large number of losers and double-digit IQ morons posting here with great regularity. I just point out their stupidity - I take no responsibility for it. If they have me on ignore then so much the better. I can ridicule their stupid posts without having to see some ignorant reply from them. Excellent.

Maybe you want to join them. Believe me, I won't miss reading your replies. But you may miss one of your few opportunities to be educated here. Your call.
I don’t ignore ööööe cause I’m not a fat vagina

True story: had a teacher in US History that had a plaque that said “AP Waffle House” and would put it on the desk of those who he said would end up working at Waffle House. Well one day he puts in on the desk of an absolute retard and the girl next to him starts balling her eyes out. Turns out her mom worked at Waffle House. I see her working at the liquor store occasionally.

And I doubt he ever did that again.

It's really hard to imagine anyone typing this seriously. These things, sure, but this specifically, mighty sus.

Back