Official GT Head Coach News Thread

1329435118_connie-britton-lg.jpg
she's got some serious rbf, but :hitit:

Real question was AD a plant just to put the final nail in coffin while he got free coffee.... who knows he may have never found the coffee yet even

What if every name we've heard so far- every rumor, every whisper- are all just a smokescreen and the real hire when announced is someone nobody suspected or thought of?

Willie Fritz with a NOLA radio interview tonight.

Jump to 7 minutes for the GT talk, for who may care

Another non-denial denial, basically

Non-Spotify link:

"Can you pretty much unequivocally say you're not going to be at Georgia Tech and you're going to continue to be the Tulane head football coach?"

"Well that's what I want to do, I'm really excited about the opportunity here. I've got a great athletic director to work for, and it took a little while for my family and I to get adjusted to New Orleans."

Not sure what to make of that response. It's a hard question to answer without fibbing if you are interviewing elsewhere. That also might be an answer you'd give if you're trying to press Tulane for more money.

"Can you pretty much unequivocally say you're not going to be at Georgia Tech and you're going to continue to be the Tulane head football coach?"

"Well that's what I want to do, I'm really excited about the opportunity here. I've got a great athletic director to work for, and it took a little while for my family and I to get adjusted to New Orleans."

That's such a difficult spot to be in. Awkward no matter what you do. I think if it were me, I would simply come out and say to any media asking that I don't talk about my employment situation regardless. Because anything you say is going to be used against you one way or the other. Denying interest or wishy washy statements just make you look even worse. You don't have to answer the questions if you just make it a policy to not discuss it with the media period. It's difficult no matter what you do.

Willie Fritz, stay tuned he is Bill Lewis 2.0. Send the rookie AD back to Bama and hire Key. By the time the AD and President agree on a new Coach the team will be 100% in Transfer Portal. Nadlickers are laughing at our 'Cluster' and bragging to the high school coaches and kids.

Back